Could I be schizophrenic

I’ve been diagnosed with schizoaffective (bipolar+schizophrenia) in the past but I used to constantly have a change in diagnosis (per baker act) only recently I stopped being hospitalized anyways I used to hear my name called, ambulance sirens, and whispering. I would see lights getting brighter. But now I sometimes hear my phone vibrating when it’s not I hear whispering I see what looks like small white symbols all over but I still see them even with glasses some “delusions” I think evil spirits are out to get me or watching and judging me I get paranoid and think they might pop up out of nowhere. I believe death is good and that eventually everyone will either kill themselves or others and humans will be extinct I believe killing yourself or sometimes others is good (not so much the killing others) I believe everyone is in denial cause everyone is mentally ill I believe everyone is evil. I just want to know if this may be schizoaffective if not what it could possibly be. Thanks in advance.

Yes, you do have the symptoms of a schizophrenic. Have you been hospitalised or seen a psychiatrist?

1 Like

I’ve been hospitalized over 20 times so yeah but I used to have a outpatient psychiatrist but now I don’t have insurance…

@Hannah Have you been prescribed anti-psychotic medication? It’s difficult to not have health insurance to cover your mental health expenses.

I used to take abilify in pill and shot form but I only have a little left and stopped taking it.

@Hannah You need the abilify to suppress the thoughts and voices but also to get better. Continue with the medication if you can.

2 Likes

Ok I will be doing that. Thanks.

Take the pills. Anything that normal folks aren’t experiencing is a danger sign.

Normal people don’t believe in evil spirits…well most don’t and that is a flag.

It’s not much fun thinking such things. It overtakes your life and keeps you from living…take the pills and things will hopefully become a little clearer…there’s nothing good about death. It’s a sad thing and most people want to live!

2 Likes

So would you say it’s most likely schizophrenia?

Oh and I also believe evil spirits are putting bad ideas in my head which is bizarre its called thought insertion or delusion of control and my delusion of the world ending soon is a nihilistic delusion and considered bizarre.

Sounds like sz. I get thought insertion too and sometimes a voice in my head. These originate from Alien, the man in my head. When I first got sz I believed that the evil spirits would infiltrate my mind.

Best to confirm with a pdoc though. Sz and sza are very similar.

i am going to tell you what most people on here should be telling you. we can’t diagnosis you. only a doctor can do that. try to the find free or cheap health clinic. some health clinics will prescribe or give mental health meds too. sza and sz are sometimes hard to distinguish they share similar symptoms

1 Like

Whether you’re schizophrenic, schizo-affective, or psychotic bi-polar even, you need meds. So yeah take the meds they help you out! You may be schizophrenic, or schizo-affective, don’t get too hung up on diagnosis.

2 Likes

I don’t believe just because someone has the ability to think far fetched thoughts and scary stuff means they have a disease

Ty not to worry too much about diagnoses. Most of us have gone through at least four or five different labels by now. It doesn’t really matter. What matters is getting treatment. Are you over 18? If so, can you apply for Medicaid? It is essential to have access to doctors and medications with those symptoms.

Most people don’t get hospitalized 20 times for thinking far fetched thoughts. There is more than unusual thoughts going on here.

@Hannah please try to find a way to get back on your meds, or you could be hospitalized again.

2 Likes

You’re right. I was out of context

1 Like

This is good advice @Hannah. The label isn’t as important as the symptoms you are describing. Those require medication and ongoing medical supervision. Can you tell us (approximately) what area you live in? It might help us locate some resources for you to try and get help from.

1 Like

Soooo you’ve been hospitalized 20 times and already diagnosed as schizoaffective…yes I would say you’re schizophrenic :sweat_smile:

1 Like