Coffee vs Tea vs Soft Drinks: What Caffeine Drinks Do Countries Prefer?

@Daze

from a google search

Tea leaves contain 3.5% caffeine, while coffee beans have 1.1–2.2%. However, the coffee brewing process uses hotter water, which extracts more of the caffeine from the beans

1 Like

Tea leaves have more caffeine than coffee beans. And one cigarette if treated properly has enough nicotine to kill a person. But you’re not going to extract the nicotine out of a cigarette and rub it on your skin, so it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

It does matter, you can make a really strong cup of black tea. I’ve made really strong iced tea before. It’s gross and bitter, but it did have a kick.

@Daze

The caffeine content of tea, by dry weight, is also higher than that of coffee, because a smaller amount of tea is used to brew a single cup, contrasting with an ounce or about 30 grams, used to brew a typical cup of coffee.

1 Like

Yea it doesnt matter as anyways the strong tea will be too bitter to drink.

1 Like

You can also brew coffee longer or with more ground coffee. Or just drink espresso, which tastes great and easily outmatches all other caffeinated drinks in efficiency.

1 Like

I get all my caffeine from pop. I dont drink coffee or tea.

1 Like

The Nescafé Classico instant coffee has only 45mg of caffeine. That’s what I drink.

1 Like

45mg per how many grams? But yea there are some Nescafés with less but most of them are 70-90mg/5g.

It’s 45 mg for one tsp of the powder

1 Like

I have the Gold Espresso, the basic one and the Tasters Choice, they’re 70-90mg/2g according to Nescafé.

1 Like

Ok. I read 45 mg per tsp, but I’ll look into it

1 Like

How is the clasico, does it taste different? Also I just read the Nescafés I have are 70-90mg/2g which is one teaspoon. Idk about the clasico didnt find anything about it online. But they said Nescafé products in general have 50-90mg caffeine/ teaspoon.

I just contacted their agent on their website. She said it’s 54 to 67 mg per rounded tsp of Nescafé clasico

2 Likes

I like the clasico flavor. It’s like a French roast

1 Like

I drink coffee in the morning. I will very rarely start the day with a sugar-free energy drink. During the rest of the day, I sometimes drink Zevia soda, such as Zevia Cherry Cola or Mountain Zevia. They are sweetened with stevia leaf extract, no aspartame or sugar. So, Zevia is better for you compared to other soda options, but it’s still not technically good for you.

1 Like

I drink 10 low carb monster drinks + 0-2 cups of coffee + 0<X<2 Coke Zeros rofl a day. I need to stop. I also chain smoke pipe tobacco.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.