Clue movie remake

I was searching for a clue clip for another thread and I discovered they are making another “Clue” film, based on the board game.

The 1985 clue was one of, if not the, favorite movie of my sisters. I like the movie quite a bit myself.

I guess the new film will star Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman.

What do you think about this remake? Do you think it’s a travesty to make a remake of such a good film or do you think its worth it for a possible few laughs?

My intuition tells me its likely never to be able to rise to the level of the first, personally.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I can’t speak for this movie as I’ve never seen the original, but I just think find it obnoxious how all these sequels and remakes are coming out to older movies.

Some films are like time capsules, and they capture certain filmmaking/art trends of an era, or maybe were made at the height of a great filmmaker’s career.

Making a remake does these original works of art no justice other than being a studio cash grab.

Okay! I’ll get off my soapbox now.

2 Likes

Nooooooooo. You can’t improve on anything with Tim Curry in it. Leave it alone!

2 Likes

Yes. This. How do you even begin to cast a new Clue movie? Who in the world could ever replace Tim Curry and Madeline Kahn in particular? :thinking:

I never watched it, but the Dark Shadows movie? Um, no. There can only be one Barnabas, and the story may be campy, yes, but is not a comedy.

Showing my old age. :blush:

3 Likes

This made me think of bill and ted where they play the reaper a game of clue

1 Like

I liked the first one and liked the game even though I think I only played it like twice in my life and lost both!

Not that I watch a lot of movies these days but the remake would be on my radar simply for fond memories of the first one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.