Make your own kind of music…

5 Likes

Mama Cass…

2 Likes

ohhh yaaa…77nick77

1 Like

Welcome to the forums by the way.

1 Like

thanks a lot! must be 15 characters or more…

1 Like

My dad had a few Mama’s and Papa’s LP’s, listened to them when I was a young kid. The one where they’re in a bathtub and the one with the gatefold sleeve that was cut in half, so you could combine their faces into cut-ups by folding the different parts.
My friends band Raw Material did a punk-influenced cover of California Dreaming. Later, two of the members were in MIA and they recorded it too. On the After the Fact LP on Flipside.
I remember when Mama Cass was on Scooby Doo, eating Scooby snacks!

1 Like

That is sooo bad that Cass Elliot was portrayed as a food eater eating scooby snacks! She hated the name mama. I love her songs and especially the one I wrote. it means everything to me and I live it everyday. Have a good day.

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, sorry if it came out that way. She did have a wonderful voice, I thought they all sounded really cool together. I do like your song also @keithert.

1 Like
1 Like

Oh no, I didn’t take it that way at all. I was just stating a fact and you were too. It is a shame that she, like most people in the entertainment industry are pigeon-holed into an image that the industry wants to make a profit on. For all I know, her size didn’t matter to her and she profited from it at will. I read somewhere she hated the name mama, but I saw a video with Sammy Davis jr. and he introduced her as Mama Cass. I saw another with John Denver and he introduced her as Cass Elliot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.