Carl Jung synchronicity

He defined synchronicity and he was psychotic too, coincidence?

Maybe he had some high functioning delusional perspective going on there…

IDK just a thought…

2 Likes

synchronicity - that’s a concept that strikes my imagination. It explains a lot in my life right now.

Yeah the thing is when us schizos see something that is fun to poke at and dig deeper we tend to get too far in it. Maybe that has to do with sometimes we are prone to addiction…

I think synchronicity happens to us all schizophrenic or not some like to be more aware of it maybe some don’t have a choice but it is something you can definitely devote a lot of your attention to. I don’t suggest doing that though because we are prone to bad things happening when we get too focused (theory).

It is a very cool human adaptation to make connections to things seemingly unrelated in this tiny box of reality.

IDK my advice is to not get too attached to it we just think too much and bad things might happen (maybe).

I mean I accept it it’s just I can’t find it right now is all…

1 Like

Carl Jung was psychotic?

1 Like

He seems to have some sort of psychotic experience:

Specifically - this section:

1 Like

I’ve never bought into Jung but for those interested some podcasts
http://jungian.libsyn.com/

you are a very smart 16 year old…i was still getting around the workings of the television at your age…
click…
on
off
on
off
on
off
dark sith turns 17…now to master the washing machine !?!

take care :alien:

5 Likes

I mastered the television at age 6…however it was more like a childs toy today…

Black & white picture that was often snowy or had lines running through it. Round dials, and some knobs in the back that controlled the horizontal and vertical…and only 3 channels, 4 on a good day…I liked to look through the little slits in the back and watch the tubes glow.
A primitive device built by humans…

1 Like

My first doc thought he was the reincarnation of Carl Jung. I liked him, because he always made me feel more sane in comparison. I wonder if that was his plan all along?

3 Likes

I wonder if he made anything out of all of that.

Haha I like how they talked back then. “Doing a schizophrenia”. Back when words were still in their root meaning… IDK

2 Likes
2 Likes

Seems like everybody’s doing that right now lol

“why can’t it just stay on?” - My biggest problem…

1 Like

I’ve read some of his books. What I get is his competition with Freud and his fascination with his own inner religious symbols. He once said the modern age’s inventing huge machines for transportation and the like was hellish because of the noise they made(Take a locomotive for instance). I think he was part of the romantic era, which we are still in by the way. He glamorized primitive cultures and wanted to return to nature.

I understood little of his ideas, but I like the existence of archetypes - sort of mythological. Some day I’m going to look into them - maybe write some poems around them.

1 Like

They’s talkin bout the illusion of synchronicity the other day.

I was laying down to go to sleep and they just kept talkin.

They began explaining some of the synchronicities they have caused in my life. pretty easy stuff to pull really.

2 Likes

Anybody a fan of F.T. Marinetti? I never knew Jung had ideas about noise, I’ve thought of some theories to be honest after the Futurist Manifesto provoked me to think. http://web.itu.edu.tr/~inceogl4/thresholds/futuristmanifesto.doc