Can Turmeric Help Treat or Prevent Schizophrenia?

Please read the webmd page below for side effects and precautions

4 Likes

that makes sense, as i’ve read that the chemical imbalance in schizophrenia is due to inflammation. Also it would be likely that a whole food plant based diet would help too; being the most anti-inflammatory diet that exists

1 Like
2 Likes

I tried this on and off in the past. I’m not sure it did anything, but I have a feeling that my brain are on other premises now that I changed from generic to original zyprexa. I can by no means prove it, but I think the generic zyprexa wreaked havoc on my brain so supplements and nutrition may not have impacted me well at all. It’s hard to explain. Anyway, because of this I should probably give it another go at some point, as well as certain other supplements.

1 Like

I’ve taken turmeric. It didn’t do anything for sz but it loosened up my joints. And that’s why I was taking it.

1 Like

I use Turmeric as a spice or add on to my dishes because it’s healthy but I don’t notice a difference with my symptoms

1 Like

Do NOT use curcumin if you are on blood thinners, especially if you are on a powerful dose of them. Check with your doctor first before using this supplement. I didn’t and I nearly killed myself.

1 Like