Can Sz make one a bad person?

How much is too much?

I think the law makes some provisions for mental illness and culpability. How far that goes I don’t know, but I’ve heard of people charged with a capital crime getting off because they were mentally ill. They have to go to a mental health hospital for a good long while, though. It’s hard to know what is the fault of the disease and what is the fault of bad character. I think Charles Manson spent the rest of his life in a mental institution that really wasn’t much better than prison.

No…Charles Manson was in an actual prison.

No idea but that’s a good motivator for taking your medications.

If you do bad stuff because of it you will be considered bad

Moved to DX’d - Sz/SzA as this is a discussion about schizophrenia, not unusual beliefs.

v.

I find that having a belief system is key to any human being like believe in something and have a moral compass the rest handles itself

Are you sure? I guess you’re right. There was no question that he was crazy.

He was totally nuts…I can’t believe that his followers were crazy enough to do his bidding, either. I guess he was “charismatic crazy”…

1 Like

No, he spent the rest of his life in prison, not a mental institution. The argument being that hospitals were meant for rehabilitation and he was too dangerous and sociopathic and manipulating to be in a mental institution and that they could control him better in prison.

1 Like

It can make you think stupid things you disagree with when you are in a more well mindset.

But its not like narcissism or psychopathy where the condition itself is indication that someone is problematic and troublesome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.