Can schizo effect your writing skills?

In most cases, I think the pt needs at least a bit of an experiential kickstart from working face-to-face with a therapist and others in a group skills training. But once the “ethos” or “zeitgeist,” if you will, is grasped, my observation is that a lot of psychotic pts can use workbooks on their own.

My own method in working with many – though not all – others who have psychiatric issues (that lend themselves to this method; most do; some don’t) is to provide a conceptual orientation for them, then place them in an appropriate, therapist-guided, workbook-organized skills training group.

Most medicinally stabilized sz pts are capable of working in this sort of set-up, but it is crucial that they become medication compliant and fairly well emotionally balanced before they engage in such work. A good portion of the participants on this forum would be able to do it; others would not, of course.

1 Like

If you’re doing poetry you should be fine exploring the fine lines of the mind. Sometimes they create holes though with fiction.

1 Like