Can Psychosis Persist While on Medication?

yes, 60mg twice a day. I’ve been on this for about 3 months, I was on a lower dosage 6 months back. I’ve never heard of stuff like that with long-term use…

That’s very informative, thank you. I just had my dosage bumped on Monday from 5mg to 10mg, but I haven’t noticed anything except it makes me more restless.

Though I am disappointed that so many people have persistent psychosis while on medication, I thank everyone for the responses. They’ve all been very helpful and enlightening.

I’m on chlorpromazine and whilst I’m mostly symptom free of voices throughout the week they are still in my life and I still get delusional. Mostly when I’m stressed. I was majorly symptom free for the most part of 6 months when I got stressed from confrontation at my voluntary work and i’ve been on a downhill slide since even though I left at the end of december. I think I may need an increase in meds once I get back from holiday next month as I don’t want to be sedated for that.

positive symptoms were scary as hell i would much rather have negative symptoms although i know that is not the greatest to deal with either.

Psychosis can persist on medication. definitely.

I think it’s what the positive symptoms are. For some people they sound horrid. During my onset they were scary, weird, disturbing…

I still hallucinate… But it’s dull. It’s a tuxedo cat just tromping around out of the corner of my eye. It’s not even a fire breathing demon cat. The faces out of the walls and the all consuming flame I’m used to. The voices haven’t really said anything new. The Delusions I’m getting use to and learning how get around them. The panic and paranoia still knocks me down at times. I still need help with that and the vastly disorganized thinking I still need help with.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

glad to help!..

yes definitely. all of mine did. in fact i don’t think that meds have done a thing for me other than make me fat and damp down my feelings which at some points was a good thing.