Been at my job and I guess I act pretty normal

There’s only been one incident in 13 years where someone complained about me. I was going to work about 10 years ago and I passed a car on the left that was moving really slowly. It was a two lane road and I went into the oncoming lane to pass. I couldn’t see who was in the car I passed it could have been a guy or a girl but when I pulled into the parking lot at work and got out of my car I heard screaming and crying.

This young woman soldier walked up to me really, really fast and cried out, “Why did you do that?” I was taken aback and just looked at her. She kept saying “Why? Why did you do that, why?” Then I said something like, “It was no big deal.” And I looked over and one of my bosses was watching the whole thing and frowning.

I went inside and went to work but fifteen minutes later my boss called me in. “He says “ Jerry told me what happened” . It was the only time my boss ever got angry with me. He said, “You have to respect the soldiers (it’s an army reserve office building). He said, “You made that girl cry now you have to apologize to her.” But the other boss Jerry walked in and he wanted me to explain what I did that made her cry.

So I told him and he said “Don’t go apologize yet, she’s still upset”. And we discussed it for a minute more and he got up to leave and he said, “She’s a drama queen anyways”. I never did end up apologizing and she was transferred out a year later.

There was also this other lady who I thought was bugging me and I yelled at her. Thing were tense for awhile but we eventually worked things out.

There’s been no other complaints about me for anything I’ve done or the way I act. I think that’s a pretty good record.

8 Likes