Bad memories of my dad making me feel bad

Me and my dad were distant at best all my life…we became a smidgen closer the last twenty years of his life…but for the most part, he hasn’t been there for me. He did a lot of things in college like selling my truck after I signed it over to him and he was going to let me pay him during the summers …I put a lot of money into that silverado and he made all the money from the sale…then I needed money for food and he made me sell my racing bike to him, my only means of transportation in college…he initially told me he would put me through college…he choked on paying the tuition. so I put myself through…plus all the mean things he said to me over the years…I find myself smiling when I think he’s finally dead…what’s wrong with me???

You’re human and it hurts when our parents turn out to be not so nice as people.

2 Likes

My real father never gave me much, he’s dead now and he left his money to his step son. He was a total failure as a dad.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.