Autoimmune Treatment May Be Tucked Away in the Back of Your Fridge

(If you’re going to try it, probably buy a fresh box, not the actual one from the back of the fridge.)

3 Likes

What dose of baking soda?
@twinklestars
a tablespoon of baking soda a day mixed in a glass of water every day?
Does it sound like a good idea?
Also, baking soda is known as Sodium bicarbonate, so you may find it under this name.

1 Like

There we go, for all interested parties:

Here is what seems like a good idea:
1-2 tablespoons of baking soda( Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium hydrogen carbonate are other names for it)
mixed in a glass of water. Every day.
And it has other potential uses and methods of usage as well!

3 Likes

I was raised by my grandparents and my grandmother would have baking soda and hot water every so often said it was good for health.

I would ask your doctor if you’re considering it long term. It will increase your sodium intake, which isn’t necessarily bad, but should be kept in mind. I suspect it’s probably safe in normal food consumption amounts. But I couldn’t say for sure.

Edit: a tablespoon is probably too much, especially long term. A teaspoon has like 1,200 mg of sodium, according to the internet … that’s like half your daily suggested intake. A somewhat higher than suggested sodium intake might be OK, but a really high intake could be harmful.

For folks on the metric system, a tablespoon is significantly more than a teaspoon.

@twinklestars I meant to say a teaspoon, not a tablespoon. :smiley:

2 Likes