Autifony Therapeutics Initiates Recruitment Into Schizophrenia Clinical Trial For New Drug

Autifony Therapeutics Limited (“Autifony”), which is pioneering the development of novel pharmaceutical treatments for serious disorders of the central nervous system, today announced the start of a Phase Ib biomarker study of the effect of AUT00206, a first-in-class Kv3 ion channel modulator, on patients with schizophrenia.

The clinical trial is being conducted in collaboration with King’s College London, with Professor Oliver Howes as Principal Investigator. It is designed to test the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of AUT00206 in patients with schizophrenia, and also explores the effects of AUT00206 on relevant central biomarkers.

Twenty-four patients, diagnosed with schizophrenia within the last five years, will receive AUT00206 or placebo for 28 days. During that period, electrophysiological measures of central nervous function known to be impaired in schizophrenia will be investigated for signs of improvement. The subjects will also undergo brain imaging, tests of cognition and tests of auditory function, in addition to routine safety monitoring. Because of the pioneering and novel mechanism of action of this drug, a key objective is to characterise this range of biomarkers which will inform the future development of the drug.

To talk to the company about joining the trial (only in the UK I believe)

More on the clinical trial here:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02935725

More company information here:

http://www.autifonytherapeutics.com/

4 Likes

Please nobody join a phase 1b trial. It’s extremely dangerous.

2 Likes

No point in getting hopeful about this one. Theresa million things that could go wrong at this point.
Wake me up when it reaches phase three in fifteen years.

1 Like

Here’s the phase 1a results, basically just a short term safety and dosing test on healthy volunteers:

2 Likes

Is this for positive or negative symptoms. .i was just wondering about…

Positive, negative and cognitive, but particularly cognitive.

2 Likes

If my cognition problems are solved it will be a dream for me.
thanks @SzAdmin for posting this , this is really important.

3 Likes