Art for other people

I’m in an art event this month where we exchange drawings @Catch22 we are talking about art so here’s some new stuff… character drawings for complete strangers

Lots of fun with colours with these…

30 Likes

I love these, the amount of patience you must have! wow!

2 Likes

Thanks! Honestly I’ve gotten really fast at doing them, or so I’m told… the last two were both done in the past few hours today

2 Likes

I really like the second one :smile:

1 Like

This is the sort of stuff i usually do IMG_20180707_124047IMG_20180707_124217IMG_20180707_124251

25 Likes

WOW! What an amazing talent you have. Thank you for sharing your work. I love the last one.

1 Like

@Catch22 WOW I love the 2nd one with the smoke, so striking, is it on darker paper?

@wayward Thanks :smiley: I usually use earthier colours but it’s nice to draw something bright and poppy!

@Leaf Thank you!! I don’t have a lot of words some days but I do always have pictures, that’s how I like to check in here… plus art has helped with sz so I think it’s fitting. P.S. I like your poetry!

3 Likes

thanks!!
no plain ol white paper.
Just went a bit mad with the charcoals lol

3 Likes

That’s even cooler :smiley: I had a charcoal phase at age 13… now it’s mostly digital, or pen sketches.

1 Like

I’ve never tried digital. I always wanted to but have no clue how to do it!
What do you use for the digital art?
Is it a program or some sort of tablet?
i’m clueless lol

1 Like

@Catch22 @therealbec u both are super talented… holy cow…

3 Likes

@Catch22 I had a little wacom intuos drawing tablet for a while – that’s the kind where you draw on the flat object and it moves your computer mouse, it takes some getting used to. Then for a while I just used a computer mouse after losing that, which also took some getting used to.
Now I have a more expensive tablet, it’s like a fancy iPad just for drawing, it is most like drawing on a page. I’ve also heard that there are drawing apps and styluses for actual iPads and tablet computers.

Programs-wise, I use Paint Tool Sai on my laptop, but there’s a lot of them, Photoshop, Medibang Paint Pro, Autodesk Sketchbook… so, some options!

@far_cry0 Thanks man!

1 Like

I wish i could draw but i haven’t got that much talent, the first pic looks very pensive and mysterious which i love,

the second one reminded me of the pride march today and the colours were very vibrant, looks like a man to me and the bugs and stuff added a bit more wackiness to it, it was like an explosion but in a good strange way,

The third one was ok, i like how you are experimenting with your style :slight_smile: its really good to try new things and keep developing as an artist :slight_smile:

@Catch22 I love the idea of a busker playing on a railway line, it sort of makes you think about how desperate it can be some times,

The smoker was very good as well very captivating

And the girl at the bottom seems to look a bit fed up or annoyed about something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks . i would’ve had no clue.
If i wanted to give it a shot, where would i find one of these tablets?
I don’t think i’ve ever seen one!
But i’m intrigued

1 Like

The first one is the best and beautiful use of colors

1 Like

@asgoodasitgets I think talent is acquired :wink: The first pic is fun because the character concept was very silly… but I thought he was so pretty I had to draw something serious lol. The recipient liked it a lot though, which is the main thing…
Second one is how I would dress for pride AHAHA colours are one of life’s great joys! And yes, this event is all about experimenting, it’s been really good! Thank you!

@Catch22 I ordered both of mine online! My current one is Wacom brand, but I’ve heard good things about Huion as well. Google search around for a bit, but I’d recommend starting small because the fancier ones can get really expensive. I’ve also seen them in office supply stores and JB Hi Fi.

@Loke Thank you!! It is my favourite :smile:

1 Like

thanks bec, yes it is acquired but I’m not confident enough, I tried a while ago and drew some nice horses heads but i stopped going to that class, i think i lost confidence in my ability lol, i also bought a drawing pad with a pressure tip pen but i just couldnt get to grips with it, i still have the e-drawing pad but its just no confidence,

I did a mosaic recently which was featured in an exhibition and i think i posted a pic here somewhere lol, it was ok, i was trying to get people to guess what it was haha.

1 Like

I used to have huge confidence issues about art… art therapy changed my whole outlook though, I guess you just have to find reasons to draw that aren’t tied to “I will make something that looks good.” Probably it’s just that your taste in art, what you like and what you know looks good, hasn’t lined up with your skill level yet. But every time you do make something you get a little bit closer! Besides, artists are never satisfied unless they’re stagnating :^P
I mean to say: keep trying! And I’m sure all of us here would love to see more of your work!

1 Like

Thanks bec :slight_smile: I go to a clubhouse and they have an art group, thats where i did the mosaic, it was easier idk why, maybe i can get more confidence with them,

They did some prints as well, they made them with upcycled polystyrene and rubber, some of the designs were really good, i was trying to get them to help me make a sign for the library :slight_smile:

I think you are inspiring me, i want to draw something now haha its been a while.

Creative groups are good like that, I think it’s because they’re really supportive, non-judgemental environments… I go to a mental health group where we often paint mugs or canvas bags and stuff… did this last time I was there:

Do it! :smiley: Any subject in mind?

5 Likes