Ark the game.. has gotten deep

I fly around on my giant eagle… blood red head and black wings…taming the animals… they stop fighting and eating each other…and only defend themselves against the non tamed ones… so the carnivors now protect the plant eaters…

I feel bad for the untamed…they just get beat down… soon i will tame all animals… but then what will the carnivors eat…crap…

So what should i do? Lol the monent when video games get too deep and make you question life…

7 Likes

What is the purpose of that game? Just explore a random world and interact with creatures? Or are there levels, quests, tasks to fulfil, points to earn, and of course one or more endings???

I dont know… it seems like its a simulation… there are care packages from the sky… you level up…explore and build… there are also megalithic floating monuments im unsure what to do with… i dont think it ends… It has no objectives i guess you just make up your own.

1 Like

Ive just looked on youtube. The graphics look incredible.

2 Likes

I see… have you tried minecraft?
I haven’t, but heard good things about it.

1 Like

I wish it was vr… its relaxing flying through the trees on a giant eagle…

1 Like

Its pretty much the same as minecraft… but dinosaurs and better graphics…

1 Like

So my ingame goal today… is to build a base with forge and smithy…maybe a fabrication machine…on an iceberg… that has water tunnels on the back side i can access my water animals on… i will transplant about 20 penguins… because thats awesome lol… this game is wonderful…

It just sucks it has no real resources…so i have to harvest offsite and bring them all in… still worth it though…

1 Like

I wish I could run that game. Someday I’ll have a potato worthy of running it. In the meantime…

Maybe build a wall, with a sadistic maze underneath it and a tunnel leading into the maze. Every other session, just add another extension of the maze? Makes me want to play minecraft.

EDIT: Though I guess in a game with fliers, you won’t have much use for a wall.

1 Like

I saw someone playing a Pokemon mod for Ark. Seemed interesting lol

1 Like

If the maze is in a giant pyramid the flying animals would obsolete…i need yo figure out the item codes because harvesting takes forever…

1 Like

That sounds awesome… riding a slowpoke who is leved up with uber speed would be hilarious…

1 Like

If I recall correctly, the Pidgeottos kept attacking the players relentlessly at the start of the game and I think a rihorn kept stumbling into their territory as well. So they were getting it from all sides and they hadn’t even figured out what the pedestal with the pokeball on it was for. I think they ended up quitting because the pokemon were so aggressive lol

2 Likes

I wish I had the concentration to play right now. Bought assassins creed origins release day and I know I’d be enjoying the heck out of it.

I saw a bit of game play of Ark and I always wondered what the game entailed.

1 Like

It dumps you on a an archipelago… full of extinct animals… from dinos of all eras plus iceage mammals… with dodos thrown in for good measure… you harvest various things to build stuff so you can harvest faster and better… you can tame and breed everything…most things you can ride aslong as there not too small… apparently you can build ac units…because comfort…lol prolly helps with heat regulation…

You can get too hot or too cold so must make clothes that help… hunger and broken limbs are annoying…

Im assuming online there would be wars between the various clans of players…

But i just play with my 3 year old…so we mostly ride around on dinos and tame penguins… and throw them at stuff… i build houses he fills them with dodos… lol its pretty fun… the amount of time you can spend on this is entirely up to you…

3 Likes

Could you build a giant volcano and fly two Hobbits there to complete a quest. That would be cool and save nine hours of movie time, eh?

4 Likes

This sounds pretty cool I’m slightly a completionist (finishing games and going after trophies I find cool not necessarily platinum) I may have to check this game out after I finish assassins creed.

2 Likes

I have started to cheat… now its like minecraft with dinosaurs… still fun though lol. Actually its more fun now…

Can you be more specific please? Are there any cheat codes in the game, or… ?
And what does cheating allow you to do better or faster or extra?