Are you over what your voices said?

I’m hoping that next med changes they will be not severe and screaming in my ears. When I was on clozapine they were mild that is my goal now.

1 Like

I think I am recovered now. It has been three months since my lat hiccup and things seem to be going well with the Amisulpride.

I am trying to get my drivers license back, so I hope I can convince my doctor and health team to allow this to happen.

I was switching meds for two years and it was a painful experience. They revoked my drivers license and I have been travelling on the bus and train to work. It’s very expensive.

1 Like

Wait…can they invoke your driver’s license for switching medicine? What happened? I need my car. There are no busses or trains where i live.

I am in the UK and you have to be stable for three months, and have no ill effect from medication.

I was on Abilify, and my pdoc told them I was aggressive for some reason.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly

I don’t think mine will ever be completely gone. They narrate what I’m doing or worrying about now. Having them during an episode is different for me…those voices scare me and boss me around.

It has been almost 2 years being drug free. After getting on the right medications after trying 5 second generation antipsychotics, Latuda is the best for me because I can take it at night and not have to instead take it during the day and be snowed the whole day and useless. After eliminating drugs, taking the right medications, seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist once a month, working very very very hard to ask God what I needed to do to get rid of them once and for all, I realized the last thing to do… was find inner peace and stop saying sorry to everyone. Stop feeling guilty for doing drugs which inadvertently led to this situation plus many other things, and most of all, stop saying sorry all the time. The guilt from the delusions of thinking you did something wrong will eat you up. This is why I recommend prayer, meditation, calming your mind.

The answer is yes, I am over what my voices have said to me, because I am in control now and I will not let them control me ever again.

1 Like

Power of believe, voices are like religion. Either you personally believe they are true or not. It leaves me lonely with my reality of hearing voices.

I’m over what my voices say when I’m medicated because it’s repetitive and boring. I am afraid of what they would say if I were not medicated because I know it would frighten me and make me act stupid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.