Are you over what your voices said?

I’m not over it yet. They give me tactile hallucinations still. i may need to see a therapist. What about you? Are you over what your voices said to you?

3 Likes

They flair up sometimes out of nowhere. They just say ■■■■ that I don’t need to hear. It still feels really unnatural and uncomfortable.

1 Like

Yeah I’m over letting them fuel delusions. I was told once to “go outside and wander around.” I responded to the voice, “Go #%@! yourself, I’m not delusional.” Then it repeated itself and started cussing and I ignored it, went away after about twenty minutes.

The voices still have the ability to make me angry by being mean or unfair, or giving me commands. The big difference between now and a few years ago is I never obey the commands anymore.

3 Likes

In a way yes but I get triggered into the bad memories living at home which is why I am looking forward to when I move out for good. N I do feel less safe due to the things they’ve said n also feel it has made an effect on my relationships connections

1 Like

I can relate. When I was working, they made me so angry, I started to talk back to them. Then a co worker noticed and thought I was talking to myself… even though I only hear them time to time, they have me a bit worried about my future. They predicted it and although they lied to me before, some of what they said came true.

1 Like

When I reply to the voices I usually do it in my head. There’s been a few times when I slipped up and talked out loud though :open_mouth:

2 Likes

They’ve said really uncomfortable things to me too. With the tactile hallucinations, they might be trying to get me to recall the things they’ve said. I’m not very sure.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t give them any power of me as far as believing it’s an entity or anything other than chemicals misfiring in brain causing these “thoughts” or whatever they are to be loud enough that I can hear them. It’s just annoying and I hate it. It bogs my mind down and makes me upset that I have schizophrenia. People who don’t have schizophrenia will never understand what it’s like to have auditory hallucinations like that.

3 Likes

Yeah, because I know the voices came from my brain its something I can accept

No not yet. They still tell me things that fuel my paranoia, but I think that is a good thing. I’m working on getting therapy one on one. I do group therapy and art therapy which is helping. I’m also working on medication changes.

2 Likes

I still do this. I try to ignore them completely, but at least replying to them in my head keeps me from looking insane.

I am doing a new treatment of CBTp and my new counselor is so much more helpful. Honestly, it is most likely because I am being more honest and open. I have never talked about what my voices say or what my visual/tactile hallucinations are like. I didn’t realize that there is a good answer for why we experience the symptoms we have. My voices have always been judgmental - telling me what to do and that I need to do things a specific way. My counselor looked at me and said “Who scared you? who made you feel like you never do anything right?” and I just broke down.

Understanding why I hear them has helped so much with pushing them away and ignoring them. I have experienced so much neck and skull pain and pressure since starting the CBTp I am wondering if they are fighting me more because I am getting stronger.

2 Likes

I really like dance therapy. It has helped me. It also drowns out a lot of the sounds that scare me.

1 Like

My voices never said anything really to me. My voices are rare and often nonsensical. But when i was going completely mad before my dx, the straw that broke the veil of sanity was why the voices were laughing at me. I was messing around with some network software in my apartment when all of a sudden i had this sense of doom that quickly escalated. It felt like falling off a cliff. Then the voices happened for the first time. No talking, just laughter. I knew right away that they were laughing because i wasnt like them. The whole world was a different species than me. They could read minds, i couldnt. They were basically omniscient, and i was the dumbest thing on the planet. But to answer the question, definitely not. To this day i still firmly believe im being watched, having my mind read, and am very stupid despite my doc and nurse saying they want to do an IQ test on me because they think i have a high iq and want to disprove my deluson. I dont believe them for more than a few minutes at a time, then its back to the fear im different and everyone knows it.

1 Like

Mine have this huge elaborate story that they will be making me insane and I will have to go back to hospital. They said it would happen in January but then they went quiet, and I am now 13 weeks without voices but I am still anxious for the day they come back and if I will be going back to hospital so I can’t move on with my life

1 Like

It never ends. Meds help. They’re not as invasive and I don’t do what they say anymore

2 Likes

Thankfully I nolonger have voices but I did have voices,moans ,gunshots and screams 24/7 for years and the voices said very hurtful harmful things.
I have thoughts my family and parents are not my real family and parents sometimes.
That there’s others who love me more etc

I think the trauma of it is still lingering n I don’t know if I’m over it despite that I am happy and stable to not have had voices for years.

1 Like

Eh, I wouldn’t say I’m completely over them. They talk occasionally, and my delusions are always in the back of my mind, but I can’t allow psychosis to take over again.

4 Likes

I still have my voices, but not as severe as they used to be. Usually when my voices come back, I avert my thoughts to something positive and happy, like being grateful for what I have.

1 Like

I’m come to realize that I’m going to hear them the rest of my life. They are getting less in my life.

1 Like

Yeah I am pretty sure that I’m going to also hear them in some manner for the rest of my life too. At least they don’t scream any more

2 Likes