Are you on Social Media? And Why or why not?

Technically, this would count as social media, you’re on a forum sharing information and communicating socially. Thought it’s not mainstream, most definitely not. Not on a schizophrenia forum. My use of social media is very selective as it is and it can fatigue me with all the stuff that comes with the minimal amount I use. Internet communities are this writhing mass of insanity for my already constantly writhing mind. Often I draw upon that source of information, to utilize its incredibly varying pool of energy for the pursuit of knowledge and connection, but I have to be careful about how much and which information I draw upon so as to avoid any kind of ‘corruption’ or information overload. We walk the horizon and the twilight threatens to swallow us into the night.

3 Likes

Mostly tired of politics. Getting more into posting music and cat humor.

3 Likes

Cat humour is good.

2 Likes

Only a facebook account, but theres no freinds on it or posts. I just needed one to register the Vr Headset (which i think is a cheek). Never even installed snapahat, twitter or the others and have no intention to.

3 Likes

I have accounts so friends can send me messages, but I think social media is unhealthy so that’s mostly what I use it for. My profiles are empty as well.

2 Likes

I have a fb account. Not sure why…

And an Instagram account with some celebrities… Not sure if it’s good for me…

Boredom makes you do all kinds of rubbish.

I mean why do I need to see Kardashians I’m not sure

3 Likes

Lol @khardasions.

3 Likes

:))))), Yea I like looking at how their bodies are looking and such.

But not sure its a good idea

2 Likes

I think a lot of social media is bad cause their image makers make beauty standards that are unattainable. Especially the Ks.

2 Likes

i used to have facebook but deleted it. i found it to be a time waster and addictive. i took a picture of all my garden seed, posted it, and told everyone i was going to live off the grid haha. haven’t been back since.

1 Like

i got a twitter account but i don’t post so much on it… occasionally something.

Nope. Just this one. I sort of liked twitter but i just end up talking about my psychosis. I dont like social media. Never have.

1 Like

Twitter (have a business account but deleted a schizophrenia discussion account), Facebook and Instagram for keeping in touch with family and friends and Schizophrenia.com for the very best support and news for a person living with schizophrenia.

3 Likes

I have FB, I stagram, and Pinterest. I only use FB. My friends are great and have helped me a lot.

2 Likes

I use FB, Instagram, Whats App, Discord and Messenger. Used Snapchat in the past when I had a bigger network of friends but not anymore. Maybe I will use it again later.

2 Likes

I use Messenger but I’m thinking of switching to WhatsApp.

2 Likes

Hmm. . .

Seems Everyone Is Excited To Expose Their Personal Social Media Information. . .

Strange. . . . . . .

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :owl: :spider_web: :owl:

1 Like

I have facebook and twitter.
Never use them to look for conflict or anything else violent or anxiety inducing.
Just read groups on topics that interest me. (music and so on.)

1 Like

I’m not because I went a while of being antisocial and not really talking to anyone, now I kinda enjoy privacy

I no longer use social media. I don’t want the government spying on me through it