Are you able to drink tap water?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

No its high in chalk here in the South of the UK. I have to filter it. We have a set of hills here called the “south downs” where all the rain trickles down from, and they are all chalk and clay.

Essentially it means you get thru a kettle every six months, cos the element is bunged up with calcium lol.

2 Likes

I am “able to” but I usually have a sugar free sports drink or bottled water myself.

1 Like

I pay for a cooler and 5 gallon bottles of spring water from Mt. Shasta. It tastes better to me than our tap water. There’s nothing wrong with our water, it’s just hard.

1 Like

We have drinkable well water.

1 Like

I’m sure they monitor the water available for free to the public so that there won’t be mass poisonings from it. It would create a public emergency. The hospitals would be overflowing with cases of people stricken by the bad water. I’m confident in the safety of tap water to have no fear about drinking it.

1 Like

Yes. Our town’s water is awesome.

1 Like

It depends on where it’s from. Usually I hate the taste of all the minerals in the water. Tends to make me gag.

1 Like

I prefer tap water to bottled water where I live

The tap water is reasonably safe and bottled water has more microplastics in it than that tap water.

1 Like

Mine is not the greatest but I still drink it anyway.

3 Likes

about a month out of the year in the fall you can’t drink the tap water because it tastes dirty and fishy…we buy bottled water when that happens but for the other eleven months of the year we just drink tap water refrigerated. I’m with @crimby it’s safe water.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.