Are we more at risk of parkinsons disease

Wonder what the statistics are.

I just say this because in parkinsons there’s low dopamine.
And we are given meds that block dopamine.
I remember reading an article about bipolar disorder making u more vulnerable to parkinsons and these patients are also given aps. I’ll try n find the article now since idk wat it’s source was.

2 Likes

I think they are separate disorders. Some do struggle with antipsyhotics and need to take parkinsons drugs to alleviate the movement symptoms but I’ve never heard of a schizophrenic getting it.

I’ve an uncle with parkinsons. Sz is nothing to me compared to what he lives through. Really is a horrible thing as your aware whilst your body gradually fails.

1 Like

I’m sorry about your uncles condition @rogueone. It is a hard condition I probably don’t even know all its symptoms.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that. It is in my family too, grandma had it bad. It is horrible indeed. Wish they would know how to heal it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother Marian. Maybe with time more research will provide more effective treatment

Paul sinha from The Chase got diagnosed with Parkinsons.

Ughh … this is all I need!

1 Like

I know how to heal it through human Gene therapy. … not BSing. I did a research project on it and got an 85. My paper or procedure just wasn’t thought of in the science community, and who was going to look at a girl in a small University anywho? I used to think of all these creative solutions. It’s a shame professors don’t accept divergent thinking, they were missing out. And everything is to the books anymore…

1 Like

Yea it’s sad he is like 46 years old aswell… That’s wat kind of reminded me of Parkinsons today

1 Like

My grandad had parkinson’s. It was his heart that gave out in the end. I feel sorry for my nan for being alone for so long. It has been many years now. He was only about 65 when he died.

85 that rocks man!

I gt like 50 in my dissertation I was way too unorganised and depressed at the time

1 Like

Was the dissertation for grad school? Thanks btw!

1 Like

Gosh that is pretty young. I’m sorry to hear that for you and your nan @Joker.

Grad school?
Idk wat that is. I think in America u call university college?
I was PISSED off thou cos I truly was passionate about the course but my head was just so scattered at the time.

Your welcome u sound pretty talented

1 Like

NVM too much to explain. I don’t realize the cultural differences. Sorry you couldnt write your research in a better way. There were times where I wrote a paper thinking it was great, only to get a D, and not encouraging comments. I had to take a writing class over, 3 times

1 Like

I think I read that its rare that peeps with schiz develope Parkinson’s disease . If it does happen it’s very difficult to treat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.