Are dating apps fuelling addiction? Lawsuit against Tinder, Hinge and Match claims so

5 Likes

I believe this article has some truth to it, I as a male get completely ghosted on most online dating platforms currently when I change a few settings which are not entirely true about me I get matches out of the wazoo, so now I lie somewhat on profile to get a date I been way more successful because of it, I tried be someone genuine but it seems like no one wanted that guy at least that what I see from online dating apps.

1 Like

I’ve totally given up on all online dating.

Too many scammers and fake profiles. And the dating sites will use the fake profiles to “like” your profile so you feel compelled to get the more expensive membership.

It’s all a modern day con. Not much different from a pyramid scheme.

5 Likes

You got tired of women advertising their onlyfans
:joy:

Edit: This happened to me a few times

1 Like

Meds, drugs and other things can lead to impulsivity. Adding bi polar or sz will just increase that shitestorm but I’d imagine it’s hard to prove in a court of law. Still. It’s interesting from the mental health angle…like the drugs cause my concern? The disorder itself? Diminished responsibility and all…??

3 Likes

I went on a dating site briefly as I was trying to pitch one of my tunes.

In my Bio I wrote that I was a songwriter who liked antiquing. I got like a bazillion responses…but ditched the forum soon after without replying to anyone.

2 Likes

The odds are stacked against you

Just like gambling

2 Likes

I saw some stats on most of the big online dating apps and it seems like there’s a much greater number of men on dating apps compared to women which might contribute to much fiercer competition between men.

Edit: please do not trust the stat it misspell percentage and is off by 1%.

umm…seems a little suspicious that its an exact 75 to 25 percent split. Also not reassuring that they totally botched the spelling of percentage. I would not be confident of the accuracy there.

1 Like

I asked Bing AI for details.

On Tinder, the gender ratio is skewed towards males. Approximately 76% of Tinder users are male, while only about 24% are female1. This results in a 3:1 male-to-female ratio1. Please note that these statistics can vary based on location and other factors.

Tinder
Explore

1 Like

It’s an offer and demand thing. What do you expect? State intervention? :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t know about tinder specifically, but I would guess that a more accurate truth of internet dating would likely be …70 percent male, 12 percent female, 12 percent fake female catfishers and 6 percent male catfishers.

Or something like that. my estimation of those catfishing are likely low.

1 Like