Are any of you aware of having a tense scalp?

Headaches can be from different parts of the head. Lately, I’ve noticed the top of my head being stressed and painful. My hairdresser had said my scalp was tense. She’d know. Anyway, I want to learn how to wiggle my scalp to relax it.

2 Likes

raise your eyebrows up and down or get a massage

1 Like

Good one! It works a little.

1 Like

Head massages are the best thing ever.

Rubbing it yourself or having someone else massage?

Either one works, you can relax more if someone else does it- as o
Long as you trust that person enough…

Brushing your hair works too, best with a natural bristle brush, or nylon if you like it a bit more ‘scratchier.’

It’s better if someone else does it. I used to have a hairdresser who would do it. I always gave her a big tip. She was really good at it. I feel like I should make a dirty joke about it, but it was really just a scalp massage :grin:

You can do it yourself. There are some videos on you tube.

The back of my head at the base of my skull where my neck begins had been tense for two years

What do you do for it?

Nothing really. I don’t really know how to stretch it.

Maybe bowing your head back and forth would move it.

1 Like

Actually when I have my head down iscwhen it tightens

Imagining an enemy from behind?

I often run my fingers across my scalp, through my hair, or lightly scratch my scalp to relax. My mom used to do that when I was little. She had long nails and she would lightly scratch my scalp. I remember relaxing when she did that ( I was a tense kid).
Sometimes I’ll massage my temples, or slightly squeeze my head and release. There’s a lot going on up there :slight_smile:
I don’t like anyone else doing that though. I don’t go to a hairdresser, but the times I have, I hated it when they tried to massage my scalp. Some people people find that relaxing though…

Probably not. More like I’m just tense from so much exercise I do.