Apparently I'm at risk of exploitation

Due to taking things very literally , and at face value . On the other side is the paranoia as a mentally ill person that makes me wary

2 Likes

You haven’t been exploited yet. So I wouldn’t worry about it …

Just whatever you do, and I’m not saying this sarcastically, dont give any information up via phone or email. It doesnt matter how legit they sound, or if they threaten you with things like jail time, it is always a scam.

Scammers can sound super convincing, but never ever ever give information up over the phone or email.

2 Likes

The ones I usually get by phone are ones from BT informing me my router has been compromised , and I need to press a number to find out how to solve the problem .As I’m not with BT I know it’s nonsense.

The last couple of days I’ve received two phone calls alleging a crime had been committed in my name and failure to respond to the voicemail message would subject me to being arrested. I responded to the first voicemail by calling the Attorney General’s office and filing a complaint of a fraudulent phone call. The second call I got was from anonymous without a phone number claiming the same thing.

1 Like

That’s so frustrating! I hate scammers. Some are obvious, but others sound super convincing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.