Anyone pee the bed when they were young

• yes
  • no
  • maybe

0 voters

i just thought that maybe people who peed the bed growing up may have been more susceptible to this illness.

1 Like

Trying to understand your logic here but am having trouble.

This reminds me of the time you started saying you were proud to be straight.

i just wondered that maybe peeing the bed when we were younger may have had an effect on our development growing up making us more susceptible to schizophrenia.

i started using the proper toilet when i was 5 before that it was the potty, my friends little girl is only 2 and a half and she is using the toilet all ready, idk why i am saying this i just thought it may mean something.

Thereā€™s another thread right now on neurological soft signs, @asgoodasitgets is wondering if this counts as a soft sign.

1 Like

Not unless you count a couple times when I was 17 and on so many pills that it was either that or crawl like a snake down a long hallway to the bathroom. But then I woke up in the middle of the night having found Iā€™d sweat so much that it had soaked through my entire mattress.

Funny story though, my brother was a bit of a sleep walker when he was young and my father found him peeing on the wall one night while saying ā€œget out of the bathroom!ā€ LoL. He also found him one night downstairs in the living room watching nothing but static on tv like there was something interesting on, sitting on the couch completely asleep.

I see. Waitā€¦ what? Oh. Huh?

Edit: nevermind, i see the thread.

1 Like

i just thought there might be a correlation between wetting the bed and schizophrenia, no biggie

i donā€™t think there is anything to be ashamed of, it was a long time ago and we are all grown up now,

i donā€™t drink too much beer either bc i never make it to the toilet

No, I know. I was just telling Mr. Blue that this didnā€™t come out of nowhere. Itā€™s a good question. I didnā€™t wet the bed, but I wonder the same thing about being a picky eater, for example.

2 Likes

i was a picky eater as well, but my mum was a bad cook lol

1 Like

My mom was a good cook :smile_cat: it was wasted on me, though. She says that I was always super sensitive to everything, noises, tastes, colors, smells, texture. Like I just felt things more than most kids did.

3 Likes

thats interesting, i think iā€™m the opposite, i think my senses were not as good as they should be.
but i think i was ok before i started smoking,

i never had anything to do so i stole money from my mum and bought smokes and alcohol if i was able at the weekends,

i think when i started doing bad things that is what had an effect on me, my conscience was saying no but i was going against it so it was like there was a conflict happening there.

Iā€™m a picky eaterā€¦more so as an adult than in childhood. There are a lot of things I ate as a kid that I wonā€™t touch now, a lot. Iā€™ll try things and I like a lot of different kinds of food but I am really picky. Like thereā€™s only one salad dressing Iā€™ll use, only one and itā€™s basically found only in supermarkets or asian resteraunts, only way youā€™ll get me to eat salad. Wonā€™t touch a tomato but love salsa, even chunky salsa. Weird. Mayonaise is the bane of my existence because itā€™s so popular, baked into something okay fine, but just spread on something I wanna puke.

Had an employer a few years ago who used to make me sandwiches with mayonaise and I couldnā€™t tell him for some reason, just make it without the mayo. Met a girl at a bar onceā€¦never mind thatā€™s too gross, she was like "you donā€™t have to like mayonaiseā€¦GROSSSSS.

People are wierd.

Yes, I was a bed wetter growing up.

There are connections between bed wetting growing up and certain mental illnesses.

3 Likes

how do you know wave?

I was told this by a couple of psychiatrists in the past.

You can look it up online, itā€™s all there.

1 Like

the poll shows just over half of the people that answered had bladder problems when they were young so their may be something in it,

this link is a study on it but there may be better ones out there-

Childhood Bedwetting Occurred Twice as Often in Adults with Schizophrenia

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/news/science-news/2008/childhood-bedwetting-occurred-twice-as-often-in-adults-with-schizophrenia.shtml

I wet the bed almost daily while at prep school from the ages of 8-11. Luckily it had tailed off by the time I got to public school at 13.75 or my life would have been even worse there (it wasnā€™t good).
During the period I was bedwetting at school I wasnā€™t bedwetting at home. Obviously being away from home and in a strange environment was the key factor.

2 Likes

I wet the bed and I often wet my pants when I was around 7-8. When I looked back, I wondered if it was because I was sexually molested during that time. This is interesting, though.

I was a bed wetter up until 11 and it was daily, or sometimes twice a night. It was damaging to my already fragile self-esteem and I kept wondering why. I felt a bit relieved to know that it might be connected to schizophrenia but I just started to wonder if my schizophrenia (or at least its root) began so early in life? And if somethingā€™s wrong with the front part of the brainā€“higher level thinkingā€“of those who wet the bed, is that the reason why I canā€™t think?

I wasnā€™t a bed wetter.