šŸļø Anybody into Road Racing?

@Drug-Slug get yourself over ASAP Bud you will love it!

1 Like

the Group C series cars are just the best :blush:
1 Like

I know I would, I donā€™t have a bike at the moment and Iā€™m not going over on the back of a bike :blush:

1 Like

Lets not forget about the group b cars :grimacing:

1 Like

I donā€™t watch it, but I have been known to break the speed limit on occasion (much less so as I age). I take some vehicles out to bracket races in the summer.

1 Like

@shutterbug Iā€™d never heard of bracket racing before.
That sounds like a good idea because some guyā€™s have endless amounts of money to spend on their cars.
At least with bracket racing it comes down to skill and reaction times etc.
On paper anyway it sounds like it should make for a better race :smiley:

Hereā€™s the local annual bike racing eventā€¦

Sorry I never entered now looking back :neutral_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got an 88 Fiero GT sitting in a shed thatā€™s in relatively decent shape. Comes out occasionally in the summer (but not this summer because weā€™re spending spare time packing for the move). Looks like this, but with the gold mags:

Iā€™m toying with either throwing a V8 into it:

ā€¦or maybe a Buick 3800 Series III Supercharged like my daughterā€™s car has. Itā€™s a damn fine engine and would be zippy enough for me to have some fun in. Would like to have a red and white vinyl wrap done on it that matches my online station.

2 Likes

i feel like an old man lol

Thatā€™s a real nice car youā€™ve got there @shutterbug
We canā€™t get anything like that over here :roll_eyes:

How so? :thinking: Youā€™re as young as you feel :wink:

Got it dirt cheap at a police auction. Trick is to go to them in the dead of winter when itā€™s wickedly cold outside and very few others show up. Wasnā€™t able to start the car, however, took a risk on it. Got lucky. Had to have a dealership install a new ignition and locks for me once I got it home, still came out ahead.

2 Likes

i have an suv but want a mondeo, nothing fancy just comfort and idk if i still want to pursue the motorbike thing i was interested in,

i think my petrol head days are over :frowning:

1 Like

Yes you do appreciate a bit of comfort more as you get older.
Bikes are a great pastime as long as your sensible, do the acquired bike training and donā€™t start out on something too powerful.

Donā€™t take any driving tips from this thread btw, drive safe :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Poilce auction eh? They have them over here too but Iā€™ve never attended one.
You were lucky it was just the ignition and locks, could have been a knock in the engine or anything

Well, thatā€™s why you donā€™t pay above a certain value. I could have still parted it out for more than I paid if the engine and powertrain were hooped. Only had 130,000km and the interior was in great shape, so I figured it hadnā€™t been abused too much. Couldnā€™t see any obvious leaks. There were only six people there that day and there were more items than anyone could bid on. Pretty sure a third of the inventory didnā€™t move at all.

Itā€™s actually kind of fun to buy something and see what you get once itā€™s at home.

:blush:

1 Like

As a teenager, we loved to drift in the winter. Never actually raced.

3 Likes

Iā€™d have the wrong attitude for it.
I seem to have this preconception that everyone is out to shaft you, I would be preparing for the worst case scenario :grin:

Drifting is a lot of fun though :smile: