Anybody else get depressed about having schizophrenia

Im so depressed about having my life taken from me

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say depressed but I’m definitely sick of it and have been for years.

i am having schizhophrenia since 2004 the problem is when i get up in the morning i dont feel fresh like when i was in normal

1 Like

Some said that it is uncommon for people suffer from Schizophrenia also suffer from depression. Isn’t that right?

May be you are just suffer from Schizoaffective disorder like me.

@bhakta where are u frm…nepal or india…???
i am from nepal…

From what I heard the DSM5 says it’s schizoaffective disorder if the mania/depression happens for 50% or more of the illness in its natural course. Otherwise they refer to schizophrenia.

I get depressed because it’s part of the head circus… I get sick of dealing with the head circus.

But I’m not sure I’m depressed because I have Sz…

I just feel like it’s taken a lot out of me.

schizophrtenia is a tough illness, I feel sorry for ALL those afflicted.

Sounds like for some people it doesnt get better with the years

Yes! although to be honest I’ve always been a depressed person, even before the schizophrenia. But having schizophrenia definitely makes me sad. Things are getting better in my life, but I’m afraid and sad that I have schizophrenia, thinking that no matter what I do, all it will take is one psychotic episode and everything I’ve worked for will go to pot.

I don’t get depressed all the time but there are times when my medicines stop working or need an adjustment that I get really depressed. I already have issues with hating myself for getting sick.

I’m probably screwed there since I have just about every sign of a bad prognosis true for me.

1 Like

I too feel like my life has been taken away coz of schizo

Yeah man its tough and I sleep so much cause of my pills like 12 14 hours sometimes on top of that we cant drink its hell and so frigging hard to deal with

My meds keep me from being depressed but I’m certainly tired of the weight gain and sexual side effects. I would probably be depressed if I wasn’t on Latuda.

Just bummed out I always got to worry about meds and the psychiatric prescriptions. Wish it was one and done as far as the meds go.

Its more frustrating… You still very much have a life. But the process aint nearly as smooth.

Learn learn learn learn learn… You can live a full fledged life with this illness and it only gets easier…

Stay away from drugs and neurochemicals… Even nicotine and caffeine can mess with chemical regularity.

I wish my psych meds would just destroy my sex drive. At this point it’s just a chore even though I barely even have one as it is and I don’t want a girlfriend.

Sometimes depressed about it yes, other times just angry. It’s a frustrating illness for sure…

Not depressed. I have anhedonia. Maybe the same thing? Lack of feelings of joy, lust and happiness.