Anybody else bored?

This is the first time in 12 years I’ve lived alone. Any advice on how to handle the soul crushing emptiness?

5 Likes

It’s really really tough to get through this. If no one around to talk to who could understand us. Maybe go out once in a while meet some people in shops or some place to feel like living.

1 Like

Man I’m thinking about getting a job even though I know I’m not ready… I don’t want to be in this wilderness

1 Like

Yea that’s good. Maybe apply some jobs so that u will be talking to some folks. And gradually u will understand better about what job u can get and will suit u.

2 Likes

internet, music, tv

1 Like

I have a bunch of stuff to do …I just don’t have any human contact. I think I’m gonna start a schedule and just work on stuff and play video games.

why not date online? you probably need a gf.?

1 Like

Hello everybody, im new here, i have paranoid schizophrenia. I take pills and feel good, but almost no friends, nobody to talk. So bored now, hope anybody can help. Maybe sometimes i feel not very comfortable to go out among people. Maybe its anxiety as well, i dont know if some pils are againts it as well

6 Likes

Welcome.

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@Moonbeam, @Ninjastar, @Bowens and @voithos

If you have not discovered our official forum rules and read them yet, you can find them here.

Enjoy your stay with us!

A new member just posted for the first time on your post. You are no longer alone or bored. :grin:

5 Likes

Hi AKendrick,
I have the same problem, i live alone and im in contact with my parents at least, thinking about job but not successful so far

Maybe short-time job could help with human contact and your schedule?

2 Likes

Yea I think that’s what I’m gonna do… find a job ! And it’s good you still have contact with your family… I talk to my mom and sibling alot too!!!

Btw … welcome to the forum. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey man what kind of jobs are you thinking of?

In my case I try almost all possible jobs here for maximum 4 hours per day. I wouldnt handle more and Im afraid after 3 years of nothing it will be tough as well :slight_smile:

I just have a little problem: i smoke my electronical cigarette too often, so i considered home office, some calls maybe, not offering products. But i also need movement but i wasnt successful even with tidyng, i dont know what kind of job is less than tyding, maybe i should try higher :thinking:

Probably will use this transitional employment program that my local mental health center offers. After that idk …

2 Likes

Ask them if they have assisted employment
Just an idea
Because it’s hard to work while hearing voices

Yea I love vaping but just because I’m bored lol it’s gonna be tough for me also… Possibly… but I think it’s healthier than sitting in the house all day with no money lol

1 Like

Ok I will ask them. I don’t hear voices tho…just ocd /intrusive thoughts(super negative) and delusions

1 Like

Hey @Susan1 nice to meet you! Welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face: what are you into hobby wise? Are you into the arts at all?

1 Like

Nice to meet you too @ThePoet
Well my hobbies: nothing or phone, computer, mostly browsing internet, music, then i try to live normally :slight_smile: so grocery and tyding sometimes and you? You can suggest something what to do :slight_smile: i also buy a lot of stuff online - just small stuff except my new dishwasher cause im lazy. I dont like typical stone shops cause can choose exactly what I want without pressure with the lowest price and more less with quality.

1 Like