Any piano lovers on the forum?

Nah I totally get you there! Im just saying there are advantages and disadvantages to each method. BB King didnt know much theory at all but his playing was incredible

In the end I think its up to taste and feel, once you know the rules you can bend them yes but if you dont know the rules you can still ear it out and have something really outside the box

I might be a bit grass is always greener tho since I had a fair amount of classical training in my youth

Ikr dissonance is sickkk you just gotta do it tastefully haha. Or purposefully jarring, that works well in a beat breakdown or a drop

1 Like

haha i think most bigtime producers are kinda in your shoes tbh a bit of training when they were young but then they get into producing and kinda wing it haha

1 Like

Yess exactly man. Now that Ive been doing it a couple years I think I follow my emotions and vibe more than just saying oh this note should go good with that note etc. I think the training when I was young let me kind of get an instinct on that front

Btw thank you for getting me into producing man, that was huge for my mental state haha!

1 Like

dude thank yourself and God haha i did nothing my brother. glad your still making music bro

1 Like

oh shoot bro btw i found this amazing free plugin by spitfire audio. they have pianos choirs guitars everything. its so HQ its amazing check it out if you can. its too legit. sorry to derail thread haha. but to be fair it does have an amazing piano on there…FREE

1 Like

Yes, although it’s been a while since I last played it. Maybe a year or more. Beautiful indeed.

1 Like

i enjoy listening to piano. I like Ludovico Einaudi a lot… lots of nice piano tunes to listen to =)

Ohhh nicee heard about that plugin! I didnt know it was free tho

Ill check it out for sure man thanks for the tip!

Moonlight sonata is like the
smoke on the water of rock.
Really boring

Yay piano! That’s my thing. Classically trained and been playing for… gosh about 34 years now I guess. What’s great about it is that it can fit into literally any genre of music. So versatile and very easy to play around on.

2 Likes

I’m in absolute love with all of Ludovico Einaudi’s music! He’s my hero and idol.

1 Like

I beg to differ with you in a friendly way @Om_Sadasiva
Neither Smoke on the Water nor Moonlight Sonata are boring in the least. They both represent music at its very finest.

1 Like

Maybe try listening to the third movement of moonlight it is quite a bit more upbeat.

1 Like

I played a lot of piano when I was young but I don’t play anymore. I know some pretty challenging songs. I can play the third movement of moonlight.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.