Anonymous Poll: Were you smacked as a child?

• Yes, all the time
  • Yes, infrequently
  • No
0 voters

Research found that children who had experienced physical punishment were nearly three times as likely to develop poorer mental health and twice as likely to go on to experience serious physical assault and abuse.

(Pay walled)

Yes. That and much worse.

1 Like

Does getting hit in the butt by a shoe count?

1 Like

Yes it does of course.

1 Like

Occasionally, we would get spanked with my dads belt.

2 Likes

Luckily my dad wasn’t around.
:sob:

smacked once, whooped a few times lol i was a relatively good kid tho. last time i was whooped they chased me around and i threw a wet towel at their face and and ran away. it used to be alot more normalized when i was a kid but nowadays and always in my eyes it seemed somewhat cruel. physical punishment has never been beneficial for anyone, just angry parents taking out their anger and doing what they think they are supposed to do because their parents did it as well as their parents received it.

oddly as i got older my parents became more friendly and they are still my favorite people even tho things were rough as a kid, but there was alot of stressful stuff that happened in their lives when i was a kid, and that can take a toll on people leading them to react badly to additional problems

2 Likes

My family was very kind to me. My only family problem was that my dad was an alcoholic.

4 Likes

My friends dad used to punish him with a belt…six of the best. Luckily my parents divorced and we were raised with our mum. It wasn’t until later life that I received any discipline from my farther.

1 Like

My Mom use to spank me but thats about it

1 Like

I was slapped in the face by my mother 1 time, it only happened 1 time and never more. They could get angry but never physical apart from that time.

2 Likes

I was spanked as a child. Sometimes with a wooden spoon. It was done by my mom. Didn’t consider it a big deal and still don’t. It’s kind of funny now.

1 Like