An update from sweetpotatofries

Hi friends.

I reactivated my account on advisement from my doctor. He thinks I could do with more mental support as I deal with things. The most upsetting situation happened last month as I suffered a bad stroke. I was in the hospital rehabilitating for three weeks. I’ve gained back the ability to speak and write now with some cognitive slowness but it’s mostly hit my memory ability than anything else.

However it fully paralyzed my right eye muscle, that has not recovered. I constantly see double, my vision blacks occasionally and I lost extensive sight. The stroke triggered debilitating unrelenting migraines, too. They are unsure if I will regain function fully. I’m falling regularly due to imbalance, so I hurt myself constantly. I tore the ligament in my hand and will need surgery. The stroke also paralyzed my neck and esophogeal muscles which were already not functioning. So only 10% of my swallows move food.

This last week I have been down with covid, too.

So I’m struggling, because I’ve never tried to talk about my health problems. But I’m at a point where I can’t function or feel really human. I’ve had to stop all activities like my diamond painting, video games, cross stitch, sewing, etc. with my eyes and weak hands I can’t do it anymore. I’m feeling a deep depression, like grief, feeling I’ve lost being who I am anymore. I can’t eat, walk, drive, do the things that help me relax, etc.

My only comfort is my family. My situation with hubby resolved with therapy and we are still together. The children are thriving in school. My day is dedicated to being with my children and helping them with everything. Everyday I make them fancy bento lunches that they love. I’m really creative with the recipes and 90% is made from scratch.

Sorry this is so long. I’ve missed you all immensely but it was what I needed to break away. I’ll be on a little, but im not ever going back to being a mod, much to your relief im sure. So I hope we can have better relationships now, as im just another member with no authority power.

43 Likes

It is very nice to have you back! Welcome.

:heart: :blush:

7 Likes

Sorry to hear sweetpotato. Were here to support you :blush:

Sir Level
Eggprentice
:egg: :hatching_chick:

6 Likes

It’s nice to have you back.

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Much love and sympathy to you.

Welcome back.

Stay strong.

:heart:

4 Likes

Hi !! Welcome back !! :dove:

1 Like

so sorry all this happened…glad you’re back !!

1 Like

Sorry to hear you have suffered so but good news that you are able to make fancy lunches and enjoy your family still and that you are good with your husband.

Welcome back!:hibiscus:

2 Likes

I’m here for you anytime you want to talk, remember you are awesome

1 Like

I relate to your situation as a person with a progressive rare disease.

I’m sure you will get better! Don’t lose hope- I’ve found that occupational and physical therapy help with restoring some of the lost functions.

Thank you for updating us with your situation. :heart: You got this, and welcome back!

1 Like

Welcome back @sweetpotatopie

2 Likes

Welcome back to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome back to the forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your a strong sweet potato that’s for sure! Quite a bit of flavor

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this :disappointed:

We’re here if you need to talk

Glad your doctor asked you to rejoin the forum

1 Like

sounds like you’ve been having it rough :frowning:

1 Like

welcome back to the forum

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your health problems, where glad your with us.

2 Likes

So glad to hear from you!
@sweetpotatopie

Sorry to hear about your current circumstances though :confused:

Sending good thoughts your way!

2 Likes

Very glad to hear from you again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like