An alcoholic philosopher like Allen watts?

Plz scatter folks

2 Likes

God I loved Allen Watts back in my 20s!!

1 Like

Me too man lol :joy: I also loved Kendrick in my twenties :sunglasses:

How old are you cuz I’m 33. Similar story maybe

Yes…I just turned 36 this month.

1 Like

Tats cool. Well you’re probably spiritual like me if you like Allen watts!! I respect most ppl immediately if they know him well

Yea I guess I am sorta spiritual. I use to listen to him all the time but I’ve forgen alot of his stuff. I remember some of his Buddhist teachings on no self. Also suchness and the wiggly world. It’s been years tho lol

He brought me to Bertrand Russell through him doing a interview of him… and he sent me on a road to be kinda interested in Buddhism

1 Like

That’s wassup. I do like Taoism and Hinduism too. And All religions interesting to learn about for that matter but I’m not of any faith. Oops hope we can still talk bout this here :-1:

Well I’m glad you got some good out of it. Even if you don’t see it or think you remember much it’s probably more with you than you think :pray:

1 Like

And I still don’t know who Bertrand Russel is. Maybe I should look him up lol

Yea he’s one of my favorites… Philosophy and mathematics…I just like his way of looking at things

Did you know Allen Watts was a anglican priest before he started with all the eastern religions.

1 Like

No I did not. I just watched his videos on YouTube… Did he ever say why he switched ?

He didn’t like the exclusivity of the church, towards people who were not Christian.

1 Like

Still I couldn’t imagine Allen Watts preaching Jesus lol