Alpha-gpc. Anyone got any experience with this supplement?

I’ve ordered some to help an elderly relative with their memory.

I’m concerned that it may cause “confusion” as a side effect as that showed up as a possibility in a Google search :mag_right:. I’d need that to happen like a hole in the head obviously.

1 Like

It’s been banned in Norway because of suspision of stroke related deaths.

Cdp choline has much of the same effect, but without the risk apparently.

1 Like

Huperzine A, alpha gpc and cdp choline all increase choline in the brain. Personally I only take Huperzine A. I took alpha gpc before but idk if it had any effects as I took it with huperzine a and a bunch of other supplements so I just stuck with huperzine a as it works for me. Anything that increases choline is good for cognition and memory.

2 Likes

Damn ! I’m glad I asked. I’ll throw it in the bin.

1 Like

Supplements like taurine and acetylserine are supposed to be good for memory too, maybe something to try. At least they should be relatively safe since both mimic substances that are natural to the body.

2 Likes

CDP-Choline causes odd cardiac contractions for me. I actually prefer alpha gpc, YMMV

1 Like

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I found an article that states Alpha GPC is good for stroke rehabilitation

And it’s only a year old.

1 Like

Anyways, I found some Alpha GPC to help with nicotine withdrawal. Will report back in a different thread if it helps.

Sure it might have some activation at these receptors. Also might develop tolerance to alpha-GPC for this usage though and nicotine cravings are pretty strong in general even when using patches/gum/mints.