Alcoholic and wanting to drink

Yeah. I got drunk one Saturday evening and woke up Sunday morning in my bed with a broken finger. I didn’t have a clue how I broke it.

2 Likes

A sponsor was a big help for me. He was someone I could call any time of day or night if I felt I needed to. He was full of ideas and suggestions. And he took me through the steps. I used to go over his house and we would drink coffee and work on the steps or just talk.
I went through about 5 sponsors before I found him. My other sponsors either didn’t like me or I didn’t like them. That’s the way it works, you can pick your own sponsor

2 Likes

You’re right. I should get a sponsor. Maybe Steve.

1 Like

I’m so glad the urge passed. You did it!

5 Likes

Thanks @CoCo

1 Like

You’re going to have those temptations occasionally. Get some numbers for when those times come up.

I’m not great at public speaking but my sponsor told me never pass up an opportunity to share in a meeting. I don’t know about other areas or states but in the city I got clean in California after the speaker ends his share at a meeting it was common to ask if anyone had a “burning desire” to share. I heard it a million times and that’s when my sponsor told me I should put my hand up and talk. I used to share in front of 2, 10, or 30 or more people.

I used to make people laugh because people in meetings had been in prison or been homeless or dealt heroin or been in gun fights and I was pretty innocent compared to them and I would say the same stupid things at meetings that I say here. And once I started getting used to it, it got a little easier.
Anyways, you’re probably at your meeting now, I hope it went well.

2 Likes

One day at a time. If that is too much, one hour at a time. Do you have any movies you can watch? That might distract you.

1 Like

Thanks @77nick77 @crimby . I just got through watching tv. A friend is going to call me in 15 minutes. I’m doing fine now.

2 Likes

I kind of miss in person meetings. Been over a year.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @shutterbug

The Canadian government arsed up vaccine procurement. They’ve spaced out second doses to 16 weeks so we have no idea what the efficacy will be after the second dose (Pfizer put out a new release saying this was a bad idea). There’s just not enough supply so they’re trying to get everyone a first dose and then hoping it holds. This means I’m now at least six months away from coming out of my hole. What a mess.

I didn’t realize you were having problems in Canada with the vaccine. Thanks for the update, and best of luck.

1 Like

Gets easier as you go along, at least it did for me, it has been decades now, the thought of drinking makes me ill now

2 Likes

Thanks @Mountainman

1 Like

My stepbrother blacked out after I guess a drinking binge and he vandalized 3 cars. He doesn’t even remember doing it. He’s facing jail time but my stepmom hired a lawyer so hopefully he’ll be ok

1 Like

AA hotline +18666593901

1 Like

Well I blacked out with my finger, but no trouble came of it. Nobody complained that I hit them.

1 Like

Thanks for the hotline @Loke. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Good for you for staying strong. Be proud of yourself. Sometimes we have to focus on our goals hour by hour if that helps. Stay busy and keep posting and talking to everyone. We will help you get through this time. You aren’t alone.

1 Like

Thanks @anon78876561