Acupuncture has 'similar mode of action to psychiatric drugs'

In a controlled experiment with rats, acupuncture was effective against treating chronic stress, according to a report in the journal Endocrinology - with the results suggesting a mode of action similar to that of anti-anxiety and antidepressant drugs.
[acupuncture]
Acupuncture works for many - but how?

Researchers from Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) in Washington, DC, say the animal study “provides the strongest evidence to date on the mechanism of this ancient Chinese therapy in chronic stress.”

1 Like

I treated my sz with acupuncture for years. It works excellently for about 3 days at a time… with it costing 110 a visit, every 3 days is not feasible.

The article does specify anxiety and depression and makes no mention of psychotic symptoms . It might help some with co- morbid problems rather than necessarily psychosis itself.

My anxiety fuels my psychosis. I am rarely psychotic without first panicking.

1 Like

I have seen acupuncture fix a person’s shifted hips and lower back pain. Reduces ligament swelling while causing airflow to muscle tissue as well as increased blood flow. Very useful, a skilled acupuncturist requires a good guide or decent student/teacher.

It has been like this for me as well these past few months… Panic triggers the head circus.

1 Like