Absolutely terrible memory

Been realizing more and more how terrible my menory is. Someone liked several of my posts from last year and i dont remember anything about those episodes, but they seemed severe. I know i was in and out of psychosis last year especially after a traumatic event, but i dont remember anything about them. I remember the trauma in extremely vivid detail though, will never forget the date, sometines i can hear her screaming at me still

1 Like

Mine is getting bad too. I keep forgetting how to spell things.

1 Like

Memory is weird. I used to think i had a good memory. But maybe i was kidding myself. I could never learn much and have it actually stick for too long, just enough to pass the class, then gone. I got mostly As in college but i barely remember anything i learned.

1 Like

There is a whole year of my life that i completely forgot in large swaths, minus a few extremely painful memories that are clear as a bell. Memory is weird.

1 Like

I was studying for English and history A level when 1st admitted to psych hospital. I had ECT which wiped out huge amounts of what I’d known. History wise I could recall Schleswig-Holstein and Palmerston. That was it. I tried at the end of that year and very early the next year to do a history A level correspondence course. It was a complete and utter failure. I didn’t even have the pre A level historical knowledge to help me out.It was like I’d never studied history before.

1 Like

Ugh, ended up approaching a panic attack and had intrusive memories last years trauma, i wish my memory would forget that too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.