Abilify 15mg anxiety again

It seems to get much worse at night. It just makes me want to go back to 10mg.

I’ll stick it out for 2 months and then decide with my psychiatrist what to do. (I see them in 2 months)

This isn’t going to be pleasant. Sorry for moaning about it.

1 Like

Is it like this :confounded:
or like this :tired_face:

are you also drinking coffee or some caffeine based drinks?

why do you put up with the anxiety instead of switching meds?

Yes, i have some coffee in the morning only. 2 cups.

It’s like this : :confounded: lol.

I’m going to take some more L-theanine.

That means on 15mg , I need 1200mg of L-theanine a day. That’s the max amount of L-theanine your supposed to take according to the FDA.

1 Like

Once my doc said I am relying too much on medication…
Is Ltheanine helping you a lot?

There is no way to calm your nerves some other way? Maybe taking a long walk
I always feel a lot better after doing a chore or going out. It calms me a lot.

Good luck!

1 Like

Because I’ve tried a lot of other meds and they didn’t work. I just got lucky with abilify. Also it’s doing a great job of keeping me out of hospital. I haven’t been to hospital for 3 years.

It’s not affecting any of my metabolic parameters other than increased blood sugar.

I’d rather not take the risk of switching.

so is your dr upping your dose or you are?

I got really bad mood issues when switching from 5mg to 10mg abilify. Like: depressed…anxious…depressed…really happy…anxious again… eventually, the depression got so bad that my pdoc needed to increase my celexa. This helped stabilize my mood. I still have anxiety from time to time. The celexa does not help that much with that…

Do you have another med you can take for anxiety? Propranolol helps me a bit.

1 Like

Yes, it’s keeping me on abilify basically.

1 Like

I’m going to take 400mg L-theanine now. That gets rid of it for a few hours. But like I said, that a lot per day. 1200mg.

I’ve been scared off by the potential side effects of anti anxiety meds. I’ve researched most of them.

god I think they started me at 20mg, no wonder I got td

1 Like

I asked the doctor to increase it and he thought it was a good idea.

so I guess you were having some breakthrough symptoms on the lower dose?

Yes, pretty much.

is abilify all you take?

It’s the only antipsychotic I take. I take metformin to counteract the increased blood sugar.

jeeze I wish there was something better for you to take.

1 Like

So now that the L-theanine has kicked in everything’s back to normal. I’ll just take extra L-theanine at this time of night in future. FFS … :persevere: :triumph:

Have you tried Propranolol. Its a beta blocker.

1 Like

Ive decided I’m just going to up my dose of L-theanine as that takes care of it. Better the devil you know. It’s possible that the anxiety will get less as time goes on too.

1 Like