A sense of shame

Do you have a sense of shame in going unwell.
I never had minded been diagnosed.
But a couple of years ago I became quite unwell, with a nurse,
I am considering this should be my shame, whenever talking to my team.
Whats your opinion

Yea… when I’m really bad I feel humiliation after I come out of it.

1 Like

Nope. I have a sense of pride for knuckling down and pushing through every time I get knocked backwards. Weebles wobble, but they don’t fall down.

2 Likes

I felt extreme shame and I didn’t want to see my partners family and did for 4 years. still avoid them when. can but less so.

1 Like

I found that telling myself it’s okay
Is similar to ineffective pop psychology
Sure it might last for 5 minutes but after the high wear’s off, it’s a different story

How is it ineffective for me? Please explain.

It’s okay
After that time they’ most likely have forgotten
And you’ll be the only one holding on

Me and my partner are the only ones who know of the delusions… but its the guilt of having them… I need to stop blaming myself

confession of guilt and then repentance works 100%

I did it myself

I feel shame in being so withdrawn. I know it is just copying my mother, but what else is there to do?

I’ve never felt ashamed. Shame is just the way we try to avoid feeling insulted, disrespected, underappreciated and ostracized when we want to feel part of a group. I don’t go around judging people and that goes for myself as well, if somebody does judge me you can rest assured that anger will be my response, not shame. The only way I am ever going to feel ashamed about something is if somebody I deem utterly innocent is genuinely trying to help me, that’s not a common occurrence, hence no shame.

Never say never though, I thought anxiety wasn’t in the cards for me and then my APs had a different idea, who knows maybe I’ll get ashamed more often in the future, I hope not.

I feel mortified though when people expect me to perform at a level I am not capable of, it’s not shame, it’s more a sense of loss and senselessness. Sometimes for example my friends complain about my speed playing cards like I am being lazy or slow on purpose and, to be honest, I prefer them seeing me as lazy rather than mentally unfit which certainly has some degree of shame as a drive although the emotion itself may be muted or absent.

As far as the outbursts and such while I am breaking with reality I don’t even believe I am entirely to blame. It’s true that I am the one behind my actions but let’s make no mistake, the ones triggering sh*t are the clueless people around me with the emotional intelligence and empathy of fishes using tones, expressions and mannerism that would drive sane people insane, let alone somebody actively having a psychotic break and, to be honest, I don’t see why I should be the one ashamed at their incompetence. That’s not an attempt at blaming them for my behaviour just like you wouldn’t blame somebody killing themselves at a guy unable to help and possibly making things worse but people are way too quick saying “I was trying to help”. No, you weren’t. If you were trying to help you wouldn’t have had that emotional profile and we both know it, you were trying to handle a situation, helping me was just an acceptable outcome, perhaps the only acceptable outcome long term but in the short term? You were ready to tackle me to the ground, start running, or whatever else your fight or flight mode would have landed you into and nobody in fight or flight is actually trying to help the cause of their response.

wrong shame guilt and sin are the same

Baloney. It is possible to feel guilt over things where a person has done nothing wrong, ergo no sin was committed.

1 Like

Justice is honored in everyone case ‘‘eventually’’

patientions is key

Petition to what?

I meant patience

What justice am I supposedly waiting for?

I mean justice for all in life or after life

Yes, but justice for WHAT.

for wrongs committed by others of us