A neural switch for becoming alpha male

Researchers have identified a neural circuit in the brains of mice that plays a role in social dominance.

Video: https://youtu.be/2HFS5kJF9gA

This is â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

2 Likes

who would wanna be an alpha male? Like you I am a gentle soul

2 Likes

Will it help in sz research …!!!

1 Like

The idea is not to talk about becoming an alpha male but more about electrical impulses being able to modulate our behavior. Who knows what the brain pacemaker will have as an impact on MIs.

Imagine it significantly improving anxiety, depression, avolition… imagine it turning you not into a bully of ppl but a bully of life.

I am not trying to get everyone’s hopes up. I am just saying this is significant.

1 Like

There is a lot of neuroengineering research and its application towards MIs. I cant say it will cure or even heal sz patients but it may help with some of the symptoms of the disease.

Remember when the residents of Miranda were given Paxilon 5 and a bunch of them turned into Reavers? Yeah.

2 Likes

Preferred the series!

2 Likes

Yes! They killed off characters I loved in the movie. :sob:

I am not getting the reference.

1 Like

It’s a movie called Serenity and a TV series called Firefly. Space cowboys/smugglers basically. It’s a good show. The series was better than the movie.

Spoiler alert (although it won’t spoil enjoyment of the show) There is a drug in the movie meant to make people docile. But most people become so docile that they just stop caring about anything, and eventually die. A small percentage of people react the opposite and become raving flesh eating “reavers.”

3 Likes

Alpha males. Yeah. Maybe it’s relevant for apes but in the human world if you’re outnumbered you’re outgunned.

The alpha male just is. I think it’s all just psychological compensation and needing social control to maintain aversion from psychological pains.

Gotta be the winner to avoid feeling insecure.

I was just analyzing my complex. The dingus who starting sleeping with neighbor girl has taken to parking his fat ass truck right next to my car… it makes it difficult to back out.

He also decided to raise words at me one morning. He was threatened by me talking to his girlfriend. I’ve only done all I can to stay out of his way… but him and his truck are an eye sore and he’s just a prick to get left thinking about.

Triggers all the thinking though. Yeah I just want to go stand next to him until he starts feeling awkward and say some ■■■■ to make him feel out of place… piss him off and then just leave.

Everyone else around here has my back so It’s like… better to just wait for it all to pass. He doesn’t pay rent, but the girl does.

She’s someone I have trouble respecting on her own… but she isn’t a bad person. I know she needs the guy. Still that dude is a sorry twat… if he keeps getting in my way I can probably jsut get his car towed. Landlord already put up a sign to keep visitors parking in the road.

6 units… 6 parking spaces… not enough room for anyone to hold two.

At the end though it’s that alpha male aggression. Grits teeth and snarls… ah ■■■■ this guy I just want him out of my head and out of my way. I don’t give a ■■■■ beyond that… I can’t wait until I move…

1 Like

social dominance in animals? as in fighting? It has been discovered a long time ago in the 1950s or sixties that appling electrical stimulation to the pituitary gland enduces rage in lab cats.

scientist must have been slacking for decades.

1 Like

I have learned how to Alpha when I absolutely have to, but I try to avoid it. It usually boils down to winning in the short-term and losing in the long-term. If you want ongoing success, build a team and support each other as you move towards victory together.

2 Likes

Man, I know you have being having a hard time, But of course your brain regulates this stuff, i’m an animal , your an animal, our evolved brains is whats making you and me civil.

I used to be very dominate and assertive, a natural leader. When my problems first started it almost seemed like an attack and warfare or a powerstruggle in some way. Lol

1 Like

Yeah the neural switch is actually called
Harden the â– â– â– â–  up and be a man.
Excuse my language :joy:

2 Likes

There was a guy like that who lives near me.
One day his huge truck was parked in the alley and I needed to drive past.
So I was just patiently waiting for him to move I didn’t say anything to him.
He walks up to my truck and yells “does it look like I give a ■■■■!” I said I’m just waiting for you that’s all… He tells me to turn the ■■■■ around and go around the other way.
I kinda wanted to fight him or phone police… But i suspect he’s a gangster so no way. Classic intimidation tactic type person.
So I turned around and went the other way lol.

1 Like

I don’t want to be an alpha male. I want to be a lone wolf smoking a clove cigarette and reading Alan Ginsberg. Have they found a neural switch for that?

3 Likes