4th of July celebration thread! 🍔 🇺🇸 🎇

i’m scared of fire works and loud sounds but my partner wants me to spend time with her family tonight since they are lighting fire works tonight instead of tomorrow because my in laws niece and grand niece are going back down to alabama tomorrow morning.

On American holidays, I try to focus on the Constitution and how many people are still fighting for their freedoms from persecution and oppression, even here in the States. I’m proud to live in a country with these ideals, even if those ideals aren’t always reality. Plus, BBQ TIME!!!

http://vanwinkleforcolorado.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/We-the-People.jpg

I was having a bad day and then I played COD: ghosts for a while and it was grim, reminded me of what I have not had to sacrifice for my existing rights. Grateful for what I have, here at home…HOME IN THE USA!!!

2 Likes

The Potato of Liberty bids all of her tater tots a very happy 4th of July!

Here’s the wikipedia link to the original sonnet:

6 Likes

I just heard about this wonderful story about a veteran who saved an eagle that was tangled in a rope high up in a tree. He fired 150 times in order to clear three branches. Then down into the soft underbrush, came the eagle, after he shot through the rope that the eagle was tangled in. The eagle survived.

The link below has the full story and a video.

2 Likes

People around here have been lighting off _Very_loud fireworks for the last 3 days.
Must be an experiment as to how loud they can get, this last one sounded a bit bigger than an M1000, set off car alarms, and apparently a house 3 blocks from my house…Not very smart.

Please don’t light fireworks in California.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Contributing :slight_smile:
Two of my favourite american people: Will Pharell and Conan O’ Brian :thumbsup:

3 Likes

6 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve celebrated the fourth, but I always remember the homemade ice cream we used to make on that holiday. It was delicious.

3 Likes

Happy 4th of July! I might make some smoothies today.

7 Likes

Wow how did you make @anon31257746 to pose for America? :relaxed:

3 Likes

Whisker Lickin’ Treats!

2 Likes

For now I’m just hanging out with family.

I’ll probably go home later though to check on my cat.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

1 Like

Oatmeal says this is how you should explain America to non americans

5 Likes

After a 5 year journey through space, NASA’s Juno spacecraft will enter Jupiter’s orbit in a little over 7 hours. Cool! - #NerdsRule!

Here’s a link to the NASA Juno Mission website:

5 Likes

This is how we do parties, here in America Land!!! My fave little image from the internet about a girl who crashed a British themed party dressed like this
The patriotism is blinding (for real, a part of me gets all pumped up like TAKE THAT, TEA!)

6 Likes
7 Likes

i don’t have a picture to post. I just wish everyone a safe fourth of july.

6 Likes

The Boston Pops will be on at 9/8 central. NBC has a Macy’s Independence Day Show. It has Kenny Chesney whose fans recently had a drunken brawl at one of his concerts.

1 Like