What's your opinion of seroquel?

how do you find this med for those who are on it? i seek for a help for my paranoia. i am on zyprexa too but i still feel judged and observed by the people outside. i dont feel in danger, no. but i just dont like when the others are watching me. its like they can see all my secrets…
please, share your experiences with seroquel. on what did you helped you, negative effects?

I use to be on it. I just found that it put me to sleep that’s it.

It is one of the weaker antipsychotics in terms of efficacy. I am treatment resistant but it is very good for me. It took me out of deep negative symptoms and cognitive impairment on Zyprexa. I have it to thank for my current functionality.

1 Like

@eduvigis, in fact on 50 mg I became agitated and angry. even my pdoc says its strange. do you think its normal? now, ill just try 25 mg for a longer time. I want to get rid of my paranoia. me too I have cognitive impairment but its mostly my illness, not the Zyprexa. I am not so bothered of lacking positive emotions, I know that they can return once I am calmer. and you, did you have paranoia in the past? how’s the Seroquel for it for you?

At lower doses seroquel is an antihistamine. It is possible this makes you feel irritable, maybe it is just a coincidence and you were feeling irritable that day because you have unstable moods and seroquel had nothing to do with it. Agitation and irritability is not a common side effect of seroquel. However I think it may be a less common side effect. Have you thought maybe you were just drowsy and that gave you a short temper?

Paranoia is still an issue for me. I have found that it comes back several times a month. When it does I take 200mg Seroquel and that seems to make it better.

no, I am sure it was the Seroquel. it lasted for days. plus, I started to have the pupils dilated and I was feeling dopped by a bad drug, dissociated from reality too… I know how I am in the days on Zyprexa, I am relatively stable even though that I still have symptoms… my brain is a big mess in fact, I had really strange effects from lot of meds. a lot of smoking weed in the past etc etc…

Seroquel can definitely make you kind of foggy. Many people talk about Seroquel negating their memory and concentration. It has a strong hypnotic effect. Sometimes it is a matter of building up a tolerance to the drug. When I first took Seroquel it made me really tired and foggy. Now a year later I take 400mg and it does nothing to me. Seroquel is good if you have unstable moods or depression. It is one of the few aps which have been approved for bipolar depression. It has antidepressant qualities. It has less occupancy of dopamine and more serotonergic activity, i think in theory this means it deadens you less. Of course Zyprexa has a lot of affinity for 5ht2a and it gave me severe anhedonia. Its hard to guess how it will impact you, the best is trial and error.

1 Like

I used to take 800 mg of Seroquel XR before switching to Abilify. It worked well for me in the beginning but my ex-pdoc seemed to think I would benefit more from Abilify so I agreed to try it. I don’t see where the Abilify is helping much so I think I will go back to Seroquel XR if possible. The Seroquel helps me sleep more, which is something I am severely lacking right now in my life. Overall a pretty decent drug, but it is different for all of us.

I recall being hungry…soo hungry… must eat brai…I mean junk food… I usually don’t eat a lot but on Seroquel id eat like a whole pizza a block of cheese sandwich spoonfulls of peanutbutter icecream ina cup with a bunch of cookies all mashed together… then my stomach would hurt and id eat some more… then go to bed…

2 Likes

idk, first day that I am on it and i just feel that my fear is lifted. do you understand what i mean? i also think less…

I take 50 mg of Seroquel in the morning, 50 mg at 3:00 PM, and 400 mg at sleep. My anxiety is normal (works much better than a benzo for anxiety), and I don’t feel sedated (I’ve been on it for a few years).

I’ve taken many APs ,and Seroquel is best for me. Results may vary.

but is it normal to have a lifted anxiety and paranoia in the beginning people? sometimes i have the impression that all the lifting meds lift my fears too…

i still have my fear now wow… but its too soon still to say how it acts on me this med. i wonder if it can lift my emotions. i need to feel positive ones…

It’s a darn great drug.

Sometimes I OD on it even when I use it regularly.

I feel nothing on 25mg. Would need at least 100mg for sleep.

@Anna1, Do you feel like an “open book”? Like strangers know everything about you? I used to have that symptom. It is really scary and it is paranoia. It took me a total of three AP’s to get rid of all of my paranoia. I’m now on Risperdal Consta, Geodon and Seroquel.

If you ask me my opinion of Seroquel, I love it. It’s the final drug I was placed on that did the trick of getting rid of my paranoia. I love it because it also helps me to sleep at night. A bonus effect.

It kept my delusions, depression and sleep in check for 2.5 years

It is probably sedating
I take 100 mg at sleep
It is quiet medication i dont feel anything bad from it

I use it for sleep as well.