Whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

I ate what looked like lunch meat in Japan. It said it was beef but not any beef I’ve ever tasted! May have been the less desirable parts like eyes, tongue, face meat. First day there I saw a McDonalds,I thought yes, some good American food! Ha! Define good? I had the chicken sandwich but it was 99% chicken fat! Had one tiny little nibble of actual chicken. I took a bite and threw it away, that wasn’t edible! I learned white chicken breast in Japan is considered a luxury food,wanted $100 for 1 small chicken dinner and you had to wear a suit to get in. That’s why everybody in Japan is so thin,food costs a fortune and it’s tiny servings.

lol is that real?! Hope I visit Japan

Ummm more crunchy but that’s probably because they were fried lol

1 Like

I went to Japan on $1600, it helped that I stayed with a friend. It’s cool to visit Tokyo lots to do and see but I feel bad for their lack of privacy. Too many people! Great if you are a tall person though everybody is about 5 feet tall. It’s not intimidating at all.

Good motivation to lose another 10 pounds :joy:

1 Like

escargot, frog legs, snake, that’s about it.

I had a goat tamale, It was like pork

I ate a McRib once ,it was crazy.:dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Frog legs, Gator meat, ostrich, buffalo :water_buffalo:.

Honestly after I went vegetarian there’s a place in San Diego called Evolution that makes the best fake buffalo chicken sandwich. I doubt any of you had anything like that.

1 Like

fish eyes, was decent so whenever i eat a whole fish, i look forward to the eyes

2 Likes

What’s it like??? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eye::eye::eye::eye:

I like rice Dahl and yogurt with sugar. Mum think sugar don’t belong in it

1 Like

In terms of culturally inappropriate food, dog meat (this was in northern Manitoba in Canada a couple of decades back). In terms of my own personal tastes, I’d have to say those weird Peeps marshmallow candies that are sold around Easter. I have no idea how they became A Thing, because, to me, they taste like expanding polyurethane foam that has been sweetened with stevia.

4 Likes

Dahl and rice

4 Likes

I don’t have many weird things I’ve eaten … :confused: my diet is pretty boring …

I couldn’t eat those out of loyalty to my gender. Just kidding.

If you want weird, take a look at a package of “Head Cheese” which has no cheese, but lots of different parts of the animal leftover on the floor from the butcher shop. Then toss in some gelatinous snot and you’ve got a thinly sliced, square shaped nasty piece of yuck to freak out all in the lunch room. Not for the faint of heart, but none the less…it’s interesting.

I didn’t think frog legs were weird. As a kid we used to go catch the giant frogs in the slough out back on the farm, then pick up a few eggs from the chicken house right in the back yard, and eat a delicious breakfast…had to fend for ourselves back then.

I’ve also been on a boat in the Pacific ocean (Hawaii), we caught a large Mahi mahi, sliced it up into cubes and ate it raw for lunch…not too odd.

My brother stepped on a Rattle snake when he was little, we were out on the ranch, so my oldest brother shot it before it bit him. We cooked that dude up and served it up for a snack.

I’ve eaten baby spicy octopus, tastes good, not to weird unless you dangle the legs out your mouth while eating them. No one thinks that’s very funny.
sigh.

Civiche is very good, couldn’t tell you what’s inside the mix, doubt the folks selling it could either.

Cow brains, toungue, and other parts in the sidewalk Taco Venders…pretty decent, sometimes we just call them Taco’s Perro on a less than stellar night.
Chicharróns from the little “Ding-Ding” guys selling foods off the little carts and from the “Roach Coach” =Food trucks come some pretty darn good foods.

My grandfather and uncles hunted Elk, we had a lot of Elk steak and burgers. Deer’s ok, ducks kinda gamey tasting,
but when your hungry, everything tastes delicious.

Catfish and Shark are good eating too. Used to catch crawfish in the local creek, but not enough to make a meal.

Anything hunted and killed gets eaten, nothing wasted. It’s just better that way for all.

Normally if someone offers me something to eat, I eat it first then maybe later ask what it was, I’m not too picky about food…as the saying goes, when in Rome, do as the Romans.

1 Like

Herring eggs on kelp is prob the weirdest thing Iv ever tried. But it’s delicious. It’s a delicacy here by the natives of southeast Alaska/Pacific Northwest
It’s a seafood they go out and pick kelp in march when the herring spawn . You can only get it within a 2 week window in early spring

1 Like

Thats our national food …!!!

I remember those, it was good! Wonder why it only lasted like half a year