Whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

I’m curious. I recently tried escargot on vacation and I think it takes the cake for weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten.

2 Likes

How did it taste?
Honestly I am embarrassed to name the animal products I have eaten :flushed:

It tasted a bit like italian sausage with a bit of fishiness to it…not a flavor I particularly enjoy, but it wasn’t nasty or anything

2 Likes

I’ve eaten barbequed goat, and frog legs.

1 Like

I recently tried frog legs too, they were fairly decent, I was just kind of weirded out by the thought of eating a frog though

2 Likes

Oh jesus I did not wanna know that :flushed:

I put once snail slime on my hair as a treatment :flushed:

My mom’s specialities…
Cow’s tongue with some russian side dish
Frog legs
Lamb’s face meat
Lamb Brain with garlic
Fried fat
Chicken Liver
These are the stuff I remember now: I may add to the list
Also almost most types of seafood.
Raw liver of cow
Raw cow meat
Rabbit

3 Likes

I had the chance to try Ox tongue on my vacation too…I passed it up though. I would assume it’s similar/maybe the same as cow tongue?
I ate a completely raw beef dish too. I got it without knowing it would be raw, and was kind of curious why it was pink…Googled it after I ate it and yes, its a completely raw dish.

2 Likes

Where did you go on vacation? seems interesting!

The cow tongue has the exact tongue like texture… It is horrible! :frowning:

The raw meat is usually in beef tartare or salmon tartare - I still like these although it is not really a good idea to eat raw animal food.

Now I rarely eat meat and animal products at all. Just if we go for sushi sometimes or if we do barbecue at home I eat a bit of meat.

I don’t know what’s wierder, crawfish or calamari.

1 Like

Octopus and squid.

2 Likes

Wow how did you do that blur thing?

All that cool stuff was not triggering at all.
But I’m a carnivore.

1 Like

I like cow tongue!

1 Like

Eyes and brain of sheep,

3 Likes

It was a cruise that was paid for me as a gift for getting my GED. They had a dinner everynight included and would have one “rare find” on the menu as an appetizer. I got it a few times, which is how I got to try frog legs, rabbit and escargot

2 Likes

I once had a can of cow brains.
I don’t know why I ever bought it and it sat on the shelf for a while until I opened it and tried it.
But then I thought that’s a bad idea because it could’ve had mad cow disease.

Too late.

3 Likes

cow’s tongue or escargot

2 Likes

My friends Dad was a butcher and had a selection of weird food… so I’ve tried ostrich, python, springbok

1 Like

Poodle toe nails in Worcestershire sauce