What is your chances to be succesful in life?

Mine is zero :smile:

4 Likes

Mine is negative, given that I am religious and then religions always tell us not to pursue wealth and fame.

1 Like

Heyyyy get that bad attitude outta here. I think you just have to change your definition of success :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Mine is probably zero. But, it depends on how you define success. If you define it as making a lot of money on the job, I would say for me, zero. But, if you define it as happiness, I would say I am already successful.

6 Likes

What’s success to you spooky? That’s what you have to ask yourself.

I never really wanted to get married. I certainly didn’t want kids. So I’m a success already. I resisted the social pressure to do those things.

3 Likes

I agree that it all depends on how you define success. If success is living independently and being self-supporting, then I have (barely) achieved success. If it is being well-off financially, owning a home, having a happy romantic relationship, and all of those other things that a lot of people think defines success, then I would say I have little to no chance. If I can get by, though, by my definition I am doing okay. Not great, but okay. For some of us just surviving means success :slight_smile:. You shouldn’t judge your level of success by the standards of others.

4 Likes

Oh, ok you guys are defining success as getting married and having kids and owning a home. Well, I’ve been there and done all of that. Now, I’m divorced and retired and living off the income from my home.

3 Likes

Success to me is happy and content

3 Likes

do you have kids ?

“What is your chances to be succesful in life?”

to some recovering addicts, i am living a successful life already. so i agree with freakonaleash.

just like plumber, my beliefs don’t emphasize success other than being righteous.

you do however have maslow hierarchy of needs
actually there is a lot of parameters by which you can measure your success in life

it does play a role to what you aspire in life
the biggest role is what you can do positive in life for everybody
for what creation you are equipped

Successful I would consider (for me, it’s different for other people) being able to attend classes full time or have a job. And being able to stay sober and out of the hospital. I think if I really try hard I have good chances of success.

1 Like

Decreasing by the day I’m sad to say. Still hopeful.

1 Like

Ultimate success to me is peace in my brain. Some of the things that ‘might’ help me get there would be a job I am passionate about, financial success (enough money to save and travel) and a loving partner. Those are not required for a peaceful brain but they would help (in my case)

I feel like my chances are low. I may get a job I like but passion is a whole other arena and the money and partner are pretty elusive. I may try meditation to see if I can find the peace without the things I want. My illness makes it hard to have peace in my brain. I can only take my meds and try to think right.

I have children that I adore who are 18 and 20 and I am very proud of the people they have become. I consider that a success.

1 Like

To me success is dependant on whether I’m breathing or not

unless you’re this guy:

then your chance isn’t zero