What is the end goal

is the goal to find a med combo that suppresses the sz symptoms…forever swallowing pills to maintain sanity? or is the goal to use meds to find coping mechs so you can eventually handle life without meds? im confused on what my goal is… is pills forever better or is eventually no pills better?

2 Likes

sanity = pills

forever sanity = forever pills

side effects = compromise

so

If sanity = pills and sanity = forever what does side effects equal too ?

2 Likes

People with sz typically need to be on APs for the rest of their life. When full blown psychosis sets in no amount of coping skills are going to help you because you won’t have the logic available to you to use those skills. The endgoal for sz is to be functional and have a good quality of life on the lowest dose of med possible. The more coping skills you learn the faster and better you’ll be able to achieve this.

7 Likes

A home of your own and a place safe enough to call your own

5 Likes

Once you find the right meds sticking to a routine can help. Otherwise, yes the medicine is necessary for coping with Sz. I accept it more easily than most, because I was raised around my grandparents and my older brother has MS. He had to give himself injections every day, so I figure that I have it easy. I just think of my brother who had to rotate from arm to arm to thigh to thigh. :frowning:

1 Like

so far meds only sedate or make me pace… they don’t calm my mind… I haven’t found my combo yet… but my coping skills are odd but work… I made it 25 years without meds self given or doc prescribed… I know self medicating is bad… but so far aps have been worse… i have acquired a low threshold for heat… allergy to the sun…ptsd… the DID may be beyond the power of current aps… the sz plays second fiddle but combined their music has me under its spell… i am trapped there is no escape but one but i would never cut this adventure short…it may be the only one i have… i will defeat this… i need more help than i am currently getting… i would be happy with a safe place where im am considered eccentric rather than mad and my sense of humor… my memories already fade the aps make me forget… i have too many good memories to want to forget it all…

so what is the point in me taking meds that do not help with DID or my hallucinations and delusions… my mind has done this so i guess i need to retrain my mind and use it to fix itself… i will use the meds until i can handle my mind again… which may be never so i may be on meds till i die…but i will hold my goal of no meds i must have a goal and hope… laughter and a goal…hey hey hey im the the mad man with a mad plan… bah being manic sucks buts its better than feeling hollow…atleast i can have this moment and a smile…

6 Likes

it’s good that you’re choosing to avoid self-destruction. but if you ever severely feel like going 6 feet under, then don’t play with the MI. you’re strong, but every man has his limits. you’re a good friend that nobody wants to lose.

Sorry things aren’t working for you. It is my understanding that no medicine can successfully treat DID. I could be wrong about that, but I think that’s how it is. Have you had any luck getting insurance yet?

1 Like