Took my antidepressant

Ok so I’ve been feeling unmotivated and stressed lately. I’m prescribed perphenazine and amitriptyline. I’ve been off the amitriptyline for a while cause i feel it makes me dumb and kinda has some sexual side effects. Anyways I just took it and I already feel happier, more motivated, and less stressed. I might give it a real go this time. I think I needed something. It maybe helps with restlessness too. Maybe that’s part of my stress. My doctor knows I’ve been off it.

2 Likes

are you sure you feel better or are you just inspired because you took it? that seems awful sudden to feel any better.

1 Like

Nah i feel meds usually pretty quickly. It’s relaxed me some too. I used to get the invega shot and I was talking real fast as the injection was being done. Literally as the medicine went in my talking seemed to slow with the medicine being introduced. I told the nurse and she was like really that fast. Idk the first time I had an ap injection I had a reaction right away. I’m the same way on buspar. That’s why maybe I abuse it sometimes instead of staying on it. Cause I can take it and within no time I’m relaxing and feeling different. Though the doctors claim it takes time.