The Mirror Post - 6 Mistakes We Make When Depressed or Having a Panic Attack

By Nikolay Perov

When I was eighteen I went through a very stressful period, which led to the onset of panic attacks. I often remember how in bed one night I was suddenly overwhelmed by a feeling of terror. I’d never experienced such fear before. Sure, I was scared of lots of things, but this new feeling was unique.

The most accurate way I can describe it is a kind of animal-like horror. It seemed to have come from the deepest, darkest recesses of my subconscious mind, caused by primeval, bestial mechanisms.

The feeling was so deep and all encompassing that it was as if nothing else existed, just this fear coursing through my body as I writhed about, sweaty and tense.

2 Likes

One of the world leaders in depression is the black dog institute. Currently increasing to mood disorders so now includes bipolar. Some great info on dealing with the mood disorders. The link for that site is http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/

2 Likes

Thank you for posting these…

A lot of those mistakes… I make. Especially “Resisting” and I don’t know if that is why it seems to escalate… but this gives me an idea for a different approach.

1 Like