Taking care of ourselves is so important

I used to think if I didn’t work i felt low about myself… i felt low with every job i quit… but now i am just taking this time to work on myself… i am taking every kind of help i can get to feel better… recovery school, counselling through charity, councelling through nhs (although i am on waiting list), group therapy, employment support advisor… i am so grateful for all of this… i couldn’t have done all this if i had a job… when i feel ready next i will start full time employment… i am looking for parttime… at the mo…

3 Likes

I really like this attitude of making the best of the time you have. I would very much like to be in that phase of preparing for working. Right now I feel like losing some weight and focusing on my physical fitness will get me closer to working so that’s what I’ve been trying to work towards. I just fight for the motivation. You sound like you’ve tapped into some motivation somehow so that’s great ish, I’m really proud of you.

1 Like

I wish you all the best, ish. Take all the time you need to feel better. Don’t rush yourself. Gather as much support around you as you need. I know the NHS does what it can to help, and with the attitude you’ve got, I know you can do this. Every day a little further forward, another stepwise improvement is a win. Keep going!

1 Like