Synaptic and cellular changes induced by the schizophrenia susceptibility gene G72 are rescued by N-acetylcysteine (NAC) treatment

Perhaps why research has shown that the nutritional supplement NAC (N-acetylcysteine) can be helpful for people with schizophrenia:

Summary:

Importantly, we also show that treatment with N-acetylcysteine can effectively normalize all these changes in transgenic animals, resulting in a state similar to wild-type mice. Our results show that G72 transcripts induce robust alterations in the glutamatergic system at the synaptic level that can be rescued with N-acetylcysteine treatment.

Source:

Related Research:

and

And a related Paper:

Nutritional interventions for the adjunctive treatment of schizophrenia: a brief review
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.secure.sci-hub.cc/pubmed/25228271

Interesting, i have NAC in the cupboard, I took a couple weeks ago then left them. I might go take one now. Thanks admin

You know, since the site reorganization all the banner ads have disappeared (at least for me). Previously the ads were pretty useful. There were the ones for sarcosine, and at one time for a CBT website/app. I know some people complain about the ads but when you give info like this, ads can be very useful.

Are you now checking the messages by phone instead of computer? right now the ads don’t work on mobile - but we’re working on it.

Ah yes, I am using my phone a lot more these days. And now I’m on my tablet and I can see the relevant ad.

I think you could suggest to Brain Vitaminz that they ship NAC as well, and other amino acids. I mean, they don’t need to make them, just do the quality control. It would make it much easier and cheaper for those of us who are living outside the US. And since you have already said they are reliable and ethical, I think people would feel more comfortable. It might make it easier for them to make their business viable too.