Should I rat out my brother

I understand that you are upset. You are fighting stigma by being out, even though you were outed in a hurtful way. You are braver than me. I don’t tell anyone if possible. I know some people know, so all I can do is be myself, flaws and all, to show that I’m just a human and not a diagnosis.

I wish you the best with your business. Keep fighting the good fight for us all!

1 Like

No one can answer that, especially if it’s a question of personal issues which none of us have direct knowledge of. I am afraid of jail. I learned that it’s not always about justice in the legal system. More often than not it’s about punishment or oppression. In jail, you are treated like you’re worthless. They take out cash from your wallet if you have any, often confiscate things. I guess that’s normal in certain investigations, however falsified evidence or lying is a crime too. Involving the law if it’s not a matter that is dangerous or involves hurting people seems more wasteful and tears down families. If it was something like, you noticed someone make a bomb or say they wanted revenge, even then, if someone tries to impersonate you it’s even scarier. Being a schizophrenic also makes it harder so I understand, because you can be ignored as irrational, but people can die in jail, they’re not safe places. I would try to do the responsible thing and resolve the issue in a safe and meaningful way, maybe if there’s conflict you should move to a new location, or tell him he can’t interfere with your business by slandering you.