Should I rat out my brother

About 2 years ago the county made us take down advertising signs, and I was pissed because my signs were taken down too. I had no problems until he showed up and took all the signage under the attention of the county. So he moved in got his major sign and I was supposed to get some space on that sign but did not I had no problems for two years with my signs previously . But he attracted to much attention with his circus like signs.

I got pissed because all the signs had to go except for his sign. The situation is all the signs had to be removed by Monday. So I took down his signs friday and this was what was supposed what was going to happen any way.

He called the police and they came and found out I was SZ and the fact that the signs were supposed to be taken down anyway. He told the cops I was SZ and acted like the signs didn’t have to taken down, then told the cops I was off my medication. I warned hin before Im going to rat you out for growing pot…

I had a really good reputation as a auto repair shop and once they knew I was SZ my business droped by 50 percent. I had warned him before IM GOING TO RAT YOU OUT FOR GROWING POT.
Even though I did not say when. Its been two years now and I am considering calling crime stoppers on him. His marijuana grow is quite sophisticated, and he has a 1 year old son living there.

If he would not have let all the cops in town know I am SZ I could forgive him. But my business is loosing business because of the rumors Im SZ.

What do you think I should do.

That’s tough and I’m sorry about what happened with your business, etc. I would give thought to what your motives are and whom it affects, and how, if you do report him. If you feel you’re doing the right thing and improving the life of the baby, then for sure you should. I guess I just don’t want you to regret. My first inclination is for justice. You were wronged. But peace of mind and being true to who you are is important too.

I don’t have a brother or any siblings. I think that if I did, I would need a much bigger reason to pick a fight.

I would want some kind of revenge too. Or instead of revenge you could call it a reckoning. You will have to give some thought to the consequences of your actions. If you rat him out, it could cause a serious rift in your relationship that neither one of you may ever get over. Are you willing to risk that?

Consider the welfare of the child. How will it effect the kid if his daddy goes to jail? It’s true that the child could be in a dangerous position now. Using, selling or growing marijuana with a one-year old in the house is very wrong and irresponsible. Maybe the kid needs to be taken out of the house now. By the way, I’m sure you will take any of our answers with a grain of salt. My words are not gospel.

1 Like

I agree the child would be better off staying with his dad. Its really not that hard on the situation.

Im just pissed me off, he is clean not but was a crack addicted for many years, our mom and dad raised his 17 your old son.

I just wish could get a "hey im sorry, but every time I lead him and he wont apologize that maybe over reacted bring factors like it was raining when to chopped up his signs. So ya right it was doing that.

Just try to accept the situation and maybe you will feel better if you keep your side of the street clean. Maybe just bite your tongue and rationalize that you know you are right and he is wrong and maybe you will get some satisfaction that way.
Here’s a simple solution that might work. Walk up to him and tell him, “I know I’m right and you are wrong”. Tell him, “You may not want to apologize but I just want you to know that what you did was wrong and it really affected my life in a bad way”, Just maybe saying something as simple as that could solve the situation.

My point is that you don’t have to say exactly what I wrote above. But just say something to the effect that makes it clear about what your feeling. You don’t even need him to talk. You just want to air out how you’re feeling so there is an understanding between the both of you so you both acknowledge the situation and the consequences to your business.

You don’t have to use my words of course unless you want to. You can think of your own. And if you decide to do what I suggested you can put it in your own words and if you talk to him you could use 15 words, 50 words or a paragraph. Don’t make it an argument. Just talk like two adults. If it turns into an argument just walk away.

I tend to think your lost revenue stems more from your lack of good judgement and immature attitude over a petty situation like this that entitles you to think it’s okay to hurt your own family.

If you want your customers back, damage control starts with regaining their confidence you won’t trat them in the same manor you are doing to your brother.

Remember, you can’t choose your family, but your customers can, and will, choose who they spend their money on.

So your saying that if people know your SZ they will treat you different… Some in a good way and some in a frightened state.

That’s what triggered all this a peer, what happened in to one of the cops that I know passed me in the hallway and shook my hand and asked how I was doing. He KNOWS… I remarked Im doing pretty good. That was it. This was at my nephews graduation

You you can see it in there eyes. I wish that detail would not be there.

This is where it gets hard for me. The person wants to wish me well, but I would prefere he never knows I am SZ.

You are certain that they know?

This scares me about my life if people find out that I have SZ. This is one reason why I will go through Vocational Rehabilitation, so my employers get an idea that something is wrong, but that I’m overcoming it. Anyone with SZ can go through Vocational Rehab. and get their ideal job. You don’t want the job if they won’t hire you through VR. You want to work with open minded and kind individuals.

Your brother sounds like a real champ. :wink:

@Csummers How did he hurt his own family?

I am fortunate that I can still build my steam engine. perhaps I could get farther along with my development if I just mind my business. On the inside I want to say look what I accomplish even though im SZ.

1 Like

@Csummers How did he hurt his own family?
Well he was on crack really bad and surrendered his son to my parents 2 or 3 you old… He has since kicked his addiction with hard drugs and actually has a life now, full time job ext.

He is off cocaine and is trying to be a family man. Things would be really great if he wouldn’t call the cops on me.

You can’t do anything about being SZ, Tit for Tat is going to harm you as well as him. Can you vote? His accusation is something we put up with with our SZ. With you money is involved. I don’t know what to say other than what I have.

I think if there’s a chance of him going to jail, than no. Revenge is not a good answer.

I’m sorry your business is low, and I’m sorry people’s ignorance of what sz is is the reason.

Threatening to “rat out” his brother to the police for him calling the cops on him over signage is not a very professional way to handle things.

I just get pissed off sometimes, I know rating on him is going to cause a disaster I feel like doing it because He called the cops on me. But if I did that to him he has way more to lose than I did. I just don’t understand how he justifies his actions, and not say Hey Im sorry I probably over reacted, instead he feels justified about what he did.

Its like every thing with SZ you just have to learn to take a bite out of life’s ■■■■ sandwich…

He might have better resources available than you do. You might get in even more serious trouble with the police. Who gets hurt when we get pissed off? WE do.

You don’t understand he has a large marijuana grow room, and that’s what I would rat on him for…

please forgive your brother and be in peace. Marijuana growers are everywhere and there is nothing wrong with it?

That’s what I have learned its more wrong to be SZ, than to grow pot. This all happened about 2 years ago, but I am still bitter. Ive decided to just keep the peace.

1 Like

i also have trouble forgiving my brother for something he did to me. It is difficult to smile and be friendly with him at family gatherings. But, in the end, he’s my brother and I still love him, so I just kind of stomach it. Behind his back I refer to him as the bad brother, and that makes me feel a bit better. I wish I could just sit him down and tell him all the various ways his actions have screwed me up for life, but it would start a lot of drama and I don’t think it would actually help me in the long wrong. So I’m trying my best to just let it go and forgive him. It’s not easy.

I think if you did anything to hurt him back, you would just end up feeling guilty for it.

1 Like